    Does anyone know of a tute to help me reinstate this modem? Thanks
    Bill
    P.s. I have windows ME (Dell) puter.

    Bill and Margie, Sep 13, 2007

  2. Bill and Margie

    Paul Guest

    Bill and Margie wrote:
    > I have lost my connection to my Modem so cannot connect to the internet.
    > Does anyone know of a tute to help me reinstate this modem? Thanks
    > Bill
    > P.s. I have windows ME (Dell) puter.

    This doesn't delve into all the options, but shows how to set up a
    basic DUN.

    http://www.aloha.net/~techsky/tech_help/winme-dun-setup/index.html

    This procedure uninstalls and reinstalls the DUN subsystem in Windows.
    Which should not really be necessary, but if you cannot get any dialog
    boxes to work, would be worth a try.

    http://help.expedient.net/dialup/winme-reinstall-dun.shtml

    And this is what I used to do the search. There are undoubtedly
    more good articles, but no sense of me copying all of them, as
    the returned results say there are 16,000 hits.

    http://www.altavista.com/web/results?q=winme dun

    Since I don't really know what is busted, I cannot really focus
    on any one particular thing to do. Is your old dialup icon
    still around ? What happens when you try to use it ? If you right
    click and check the properties, is everything looking good in
    there ?

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Sep 13, 2007