    Jim S
    Tyneside UK
    http://www.jimscott.co.uk

    Jim S, Jul 4, 2007

  2. Jim S

    clot Guest

    Jim S wrote:
    > Friend on dial-up. When he plugs his pc in to the telephone socket
    > all the dialling tones on the other phones disappear. Solution?

    Overloaded - number of extensions? Or more simply, he didn't take out
    the main telephone lead, did he?

    clot, Jul 4, 2007

  3. Jim S wrote:
    > Friend on dial-up. When he plugs his pc in to the telephone socket all the
    > dialling tones on the other phones disappear. Solution?

    Nother modem.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 4, 2007
  4. Jim S

    Guest

    Jim S <> wrote:

    >Friend on dial-up. When he plugs his pc in to the telephone socket all the
    >dialling tones on the other phones disappear. Solution?

    Assuming the modem hasn't hung up; it needs to be reset.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q124890/

    Enter: ATZ <enter>
    you will get: OK

    --

    A sign spotted outside a toilet in Seoul
    http://tinyurl.com/2rks6n

    , Jul 4, 2007
  5. Jim S wrote:

    > Friend on dial-up. When he plugs his pc in to the telephone
    > socket all the dialling tones on the other phones disappear.
    > Solution?

    Unpower the modem. Power it up again.

    What? Internal modem? This is one reason you buy external modems.

    --
    Blinky
    Killfiling all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 4, 2007
  6. Jim S

    Ben Myers Guest

    "Jim S" <> wrote in message news:d48zbz09gge1$...
    > Friend on dial-up. When he plugs his pc in to the telephone socket all the
    > dialling tones on the other phones disappear. Solution?

    Please repost with more information, including which one of the devices he is
    trying to use.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Jul 4, 2007
  7. Jim S

    Jim S Guest

    On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:17:49 GMT, Ben Myers wrote:

    > "Jim S" <> wrote in message news:d48zbz09gge1$...
    >> Friend on dial-up. When he plugs his pc in to the telephone socket all the
    >> dialling tones on the other phones disappear. Solution?

    > Please repost with more information, including which one of the devices he is
    > trying to use.
    >
    > Ben

    Turns out the idiot had plugged into the wrong socket on the back if his pc.
    Don't ask 'cos I don't know which socket.
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK

    Jim S, Jul 6, 2007
  8. Jim S

    clot Guest

    Jim S wrote:
    > On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:17:49 GMT, Ben Myers wrote:
    >
    >> "Jim S" <> wrote in message
    >>> Friend on dial-up. When he plugs his pc in to the telephone socket
    >>> all the dialling tones on the other phones disappear. Solution?

    >> Please repost with more information, including which one of the
    >> devices he is
    >> trying to use.
    >>
    >> Ben

    > Turns out the idiot had plugged into the wrong socket on the back if
    > his pc. Don't ask 'cos I don't know which socket.

    Well, about right!

    clot, Jul 7, 2007