    Any ideas?

    --
    caz
    caz, Jul 21, 2003

  2. caz

    paul s Guest

    caz wrote:

    > If I "Load Optimal Settings" in the BIOS then I get "Unable to Open Port"
    > message when trying to connect to my ISP.
    > If however I "Load Default Settings" then everything works normally.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    So what's the problem? Modem works on default settings, suggest you leave it
    as default settings.
    --
    Paul S
    paul s, Jul 21, 2003

  3. caz wrote:
    > If I "Load Optimal Settings" in the BIOS then I get "Unable to Open Port"
    > message when trying to connect to my ISP.
    > If however I "Load Default Settings" then everything works normally.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Sounds like an internal Win (software) modem.

    Two options:
    1) Keep it set as 'Default Settings'
    2) Ditch the internal and get an external (wardware) modem

    --But that's just my 2 Euros on this.

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)
    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Jul 21, 2003
  4. caz

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:33:33 +0100, In this world we created "caz"
    <> wrote :

    >If I "Load Optimal Settings" in the BIOS then I get "Unable to Open Port"
    >message when trying to connect to my ISP.
    >If however I "Load Default Settings" then everything works normally.
    >
    >Any ideas?

    Optimal settings in the BIOS are a,"Misnomer".They cannot possibly
    know your true hardware setup and the correct operating system/drivers
    installs.If the defaults work then leave them at that.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,