Modem Problem - System call errors

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Damos, Sep 19, 2007.

  1. Damos

    Damos Guest

    My modem/wirless router, a dylink g604T (firmware V1.00B07.NZ) is playing
    up tonight.
    Well it probably has been for a few days in that I seem to need to click a
    number of times on urls for them to connect using either patch ie7 or
    opera 9.23.
    Tonight it refused to connect to the web. Looking at the status showed
    that the WAN wasn't able to establish connection. Multiple reboots,
    plugged plug etc and no response.
    Suddenly its working again but the status screen still shows that the WAN
    is unconnected despite me being connected to write this...
    Looking at the log of the modem show repeated error messages being logged
    every 5 seconds or so.

    eg

    Sep 19 23:41:47> connect(0.100): Device or resource busy
    Sep 19 23:41:47> System Call Error
    Sep 19 23:41:52> pppd 2.4.1 started by root, uid 0
    Sep 19 23:41:53> connect(0.100): Device or resource busy
    Sep 19 23:41:53> System Call Error
    Sep 19 23:41:58> pppd 2.4.1 started by root, uid 0
    Sep 19 23:41:58> connect(0.100): Device or resource busy
    Sep 19 23:41:58> System Call Error

    This goes on for pages.

    I'll contact ihug at some stage, I'm curious as to where the error is most
    likely to be. (?modem on its last legs)

    Running XP sp2 2, fully patched, uptodate nortons antivirus etc.

    Damos

    --
    "It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
    or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our

    Carl Sagan
    Damos, Sep 19, 2007

  2. Damos

    Guest

    hi
    I have exactly the same problem with firmware V1.00B05.NZ using IE6
    I have been on the phone to Xtra several times about it, no action so
    far but it drives me nuts trying to play online poker.
    for me the problem has started in the last few weeks, getting worse
    and worse
    i will let you know if i have any luck
    cheers
    , Sep 24, 2007