    to share the bandwidth through the router?

    We'd prefer not to buy more hardware. I know that would be simpler but im in
    college and not making money yet

    =?Utf-8?B?QWw=?=, Dec 27, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QWw=?=

    Sergio Guest

    Al escreveu em 27-12-2006 6:20:
    > Ok I need to setup a wireless network for a friend but the setup is not
    > typical. The internet connection has to be in one room with the desktop that
    > is wifi enabled. The xbox must be in the other room connected with the
    > wireless router. And there are laptops in the household that need to use the
    > internet from the PC. I have a ad-hoc connection working form pc to laptops
    > is there anyway to set the router to use that ad-hoc connection or for the PC
    > to share the bandwidth through the router?
    >
    > We'd prefer not to buy more hardware. I know that would be simpler but im in
    > college and not making money yet

    isn't it possible to put modem-router-pc ? or is your modem adsl or
    dial-up.

    Sergio, Dec 27, 2006

  3. Hi

    You cannot solve such a topology arrangement without buying more Hardware.

    In addition, multiple Ad-Hocs connections are not a very stable form of
    Wireless connections.

    You probably can get away with buying an additional Router that can do WDS
    (http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html ).

    This one is very good and inexpensive,
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1683316217

    There are few ways to configure the topology, this page might help to find
    one that fits your environment.

    Wireless Bridging - http://www.ezlan.net/bridging

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 27, 2006