Modem/ISDN dialin and TCP/IP forward, please help

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by br@pwrnet.de, Dec 1, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Dear all,

    I have to configure a Cisco 3620 router to accept any calls which are
    coming in via a PRI interface. The data shall then be sent via TCP/IP
    to any host.

    One TCP/IP connection per call is required. The TCP/IP connection shall
    be closed if the line goes down and vice-versa.
    Depending on the incoming MSN (or dialled number) a different TCP/IP
    host and port shall be used.
    The ISDN dial in uses X.31 case A (X.25 over ISDN B-Channel) and modem
    uses V.22 bis MNP.

    The router has following cards installed:

    NM-1FEPRI2CE1-B/U
    NM-30DM

    I need some hints in order to find the right documentation. I don't
    know the name of this "TCP/IP forward" or the specific IOS features
    required.
    ANY help greatly appreciated.

    Best regards,

    Bernhard Roth

    , Dec 1, 2005

  2. Here's how you do what you're asking for, as far as the modem calls:

    aaa new-model
    aaa authentication login default local
    aaa authorization exec default local

    username 4321 nopassword dnis
    username 4321 autocommand telnet 1.2.3.4 5555 /stream /quiet
    username 1234 nopassword dnis
    username 1234 autocommand telnet 1.2.3.5 4444 /stream /quiet

    Debugs to use:

    debug isdn q931
    debug modem
    debug aaa authorization
    debug aaa authentication
    debug ip tcp transaction

    Use IOS 12.3(12.3) or above, due to CSCdw65197, CSCdz75649 and CSCef50626.

    Now, as far as this X.31 Case A stuff ... that doesn't ring a bell with me.
    If you want to have incoming ISDN data calls getting mapped to outbound
    character mode TCP sessions, on this platform, you'll have to use the
    following protocols:

    V.110
    V.120
    "X.75" aka "LAPB-TA"

    V.110 calls will appear on the TTY lines just like voiceband modem calls.
    The V.120/X.75 calls will appear on VTYs.

    Cheers,

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Dear all,