    call waiting). Thanks in advance.
    --
    Rob

    Rob Sullivan, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Rob Sullivan

    olfart Guest

    "Rob Sullivan" <> wrote in message
    news:bq8m6t$1v4oll$-berlin.de...

    > Hi All,
    > I have a U.S. Robotics 56k external modem and I was wondering if there was
    > anyway I could configure it to knock me offline when a call comes in(I

    have
    > call waiting). Thanks in advance.
    > --
    > Rob

    if you set it up *not* to dial the *70 prefix it should go offline when you
    get a call. Go to My Computer>Dial up networking and change it there.

    olfart, Nov 28, 2003

  3. Rob Sullivan

    olfart Guest

    "olfart" <> wrote in message

    > "Rob Sullivan" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Hi All,
    > > I have a U.S. Robotics 56k external modem and I was wondering if there

    was
    > > anyway I could configure it to knock me offline when a call comes in(I

    > have
    > > call waiting). Thanks in advance.
    > > --
    > > Rob
    > >

    > if you set it up *not* to dial the *70 prefix it should go offline when

    you
    > get a call. Go to My Computer>Dial up networking and change it there.

    or see if your ISP supports V92. If so, go to the US Robotics (3Com) website
    and you can probably find a V92 update for your modem. It worked for my ext
    US Robtics

    olfart, Nov 28, 2003
  4. Rob Sullivan

    Thor Guest

    "olfart" <> wrote in message

    > "Rob Sullivan" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Hi All,
    > > I have a U.S. Robotics 56k external modem and I was wondering if there

    was
    > > anyway I could configure it to knock me offline when a call comes in(I

    > have
    > > call waiting). Thanks in advance.
    > > --
    > > Rob
    > >

    > if you set it up *not* to dial the *70 prefix it should go offline when

    you
    > get a call. Go to My Computer>Dial up networking and change it there.

    There's just no guarantee of that, especially with US Robotics hardware
    modems. They and many others frequently remain unaffected by the
    call-waiting signal, and happily stay online.

    Thor, Nov 29, 2003