    responds normally. The modem is a Conexant soft modem and Windows XP x64 has
    a driver for it. I fear it might still be a driver issue.

    I have the final release of Windows XP x64.
    =?Utf-8?B?YWxhc3RhaXI=?=, May 10, 2005

  2. Did you delete the connection and try creating it again to see if that
    solves the problem? And to make sure it is working properly, right click My
    Computer > Properties > Hardware (tab) > Device Manager > expand "Modems" >
    right click the name of your modem and click "Properties", under General
    (tab) Device Status.
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 10, 2005

  3. Thanks for the response.

    Yes, I have done that. Believe me I have done all the usual troubleshooting
    that goes with modem problems. I even swapped my telephone and nothing
    changed. Even reseated it in it's slot

    =?Utf-8?B?YWxhc3RhaXI=?=, May 11, 2005