    written for it? My friends computer which i built for him has x64 but he
    still wants dailup and i've kinda left him hanging not realizing that this
    would be a problem.
    =?Utf-8?B?QmVu?=, Jul 17, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QmVu?=

    Shane Guest

    "Ben" <> wrote
    > Has anyone found a 56k PCI modem (or external) that has had x64 drivers
    > written for it?

    Well, I don't know if this list is accurate, but I found this at
    http://www.tuning-freeware.de/progs/hcl/WinXPHCLia64.pdf

    I tried to post the text, in case any of you are having trouble with
    Acrobat Reader ;-) - but it was too big. If anyone needs this in text only,
    let me
    know and I can upload it somewhere.

    Anyway, please take note of the date. Sounds impossible, or mis-typed. If
    anyone has a better list, please post it. I hope this gives you a starting
    point though.

    Shane
    Shane, Jul 17, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QmVu?=

    wewa Guest

    Re: Modem Drivers - My Conexant PCI is working 'out of the box'

    I have installed a Conexant based PCI modem in my Dell and x64 detected and
    installed default drivers.
    I am faxing with it using the Win XP x64 included fax software.

    Others have had problems, depending on your brand/model, such as a USR.
    As I mentioned, I yanked my modem out of a old 466 Celeron emachine.

    For my full report, checkout the post dated July 3, 11:41AM
    Subject: 'CANT install my modem in XP 64'

    wewa, Jul 17, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QmVu?=

    Rick Guest

    The usefulness of the WinXPHCLia64.pdf is questionable. It for the
    Intel Itanium version and not the AMD64 & EM64T CPU.

    When you see 'ia' in a file name that stands for "Intel Architecture"
    which is the Intel Itanium 64 bit CPU.

    Rick, Jul 17, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QmVu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I don't think you are going to find any external modem that works yet, but
    the US Robotics 5610 modem works out of the box.

    John Barnes, Jul 17, 2005
  6. http://www.smlink.com/objects/SLA56-V4.20.01-MV-XP64Bit.zip

    Smart link has drivers for their modems, maybe you want to consider
    purchasing one from them. The US Robotics 5810 ran perfectly out of the box
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 17, 2005