    I do not need a driver. Just researching.

    Thanks a lot,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Emrys Davies

    Patrick Guest

    Emrys Davies wrote:
    > My OS is W98 SE, OE6 and IE6.
    >
    > I have a Conexant HCF PCI Modem (Internal)
    >
    > Does any part of that description indicate the version/model of the
    > modem.
    >
    > If not, am I likely to find it on the modem in the system unit.
    >
    > I do not need a driver. Just researching.
    >
    > Thanks a lot,
    > Emrys Davies.

    Here's a site (link below), that tells you how to get more information on
    said Modem;

    http://members.cnx.net/reboot/modems/

    Patrick, Sep 30, 2003

  3. Emrys Davies

    EricP Guest

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:39:10 +0100, " Emrys Davies" <>
    wrote:

    >My OS is W98 SE, OE6 and IE6.
    >
    >I have a Conexant HCF PCI Modem (Internal)
    >
    >Does any part of that description indicate the version/model of the
    >modem.
    >
    >If not, am I likely to find it on the modem in the system unit.
    >
    >I do not need a driver. Just researching.
    >
    >Thanks a lot,
    >Emrys Davies.

    No, there's more versions of them than Chinese Takeaways.

    The only sure way is to remove the thing and make a note of all the
    peculiar numbers on it and look them up in Google.(particularly the
    FCC number, that can be very revealing)

    What you have in the machine, and will report back via software
    interrogation, wll reflect the already installed modem driver. This
    may be incorrect. (I won't mention finding drivers for an old modem
    under XP)

    EricP, Sep 30, 2003
  4. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest