    have drivers, but none of the drivers will install.

    I know that the modem is working, but I don't know where else to look
    for drivers.

    mcp6453, Feb 4, 2005

  2. mcp6453

    Gerald Smith Guest

    http://www.modem-drivers.com/companies/247.htm

    Try the link above, this may have been one of those goofy modems where you
    had to install a port, then install the modem card.

    Gerald Smith, Feb 4, 2005

  3. mcp6453

    Plato Guest

    mcp6453 wrote:

    > I know that the modem is working, but I don't know where else to look
    > for drivers.

    I face driver problems all the time and in fact, really love to search
    for them when rebuilding old systems.

    However, I've also learned to limit the time I spend trying out drivers
    and such as it's often just best to splurge and spend the twenty bucks
    for a new one that comes with a cd with the proper drivers on it for the
    os I need.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 4, 2005
  4. mcp6453

    Trent© Guest

    On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 05:13:21 GMT, mcp6453 <>
    wrote:

    >I've spent the last several hours trying to find a driver for a modem.
    >The hard drive in the computer in which this modem was installed, died.
    >So I had to reinstall the operating system (Windows 98SE). The driver
    >disk that came with the modem is nowhere to be found, of course. Here
    >are the markings on the card:
    >
    >Conexant SmartHSF 11242-11
    >

    >The ID utility says that it is made by ActionTec. The PC Board has
    >FM-3986 printed on it. Thanks to Google, I have found many web sites
    >(modem-drivers.com, conexant.com, actiontec.com, etc.) that claim to
    >have drivers, but none of the drivers will install.

    What do you mean 'won't install'?

    >I know that the modem is working, but I don't know where else to look
    >for drivers.

    What error messages...or problems...are you actually havin'?

    Have a nice one...

    Trent©

    Trent©, Feb 4, 2005
  5. mcp6453

    mcp6453 Guest

    Gerald Smith wrote:
    > http://www.modem-drivers.com/companies/247.htm
    >
    > Try the link above, this may have been one of those goofy modems where you
    > had to install a port, then install the modem card.

    It could be. There are some .exes that download with the drivers. The
    page you listed has 383 drivers. I cannot exactly correlate any one of
    them with this particular modem.

    mcp6453, Feb 5, 2005
  6. mcp6453

    mcp6453 Guest

    Plato wrote:
    > mcp6453 wrote:
    >
    >>I know that the modem is working, but I don't know where else to look
    >>for drivers.

    > I face driver problems all the time and in fact, really love to search
    > for them when rebuilding old systems.
    >
    > However, I've also learned to limit the time I spend trying out drivers
    > and such as it's often just best to splurge and spend the twenty bucks
    > for a new one that comes with a cd with the proper drivers on it for the
    > os I need.

    Got an Asus for $13. Installed in 5 minutes.

    mcp6453, Feb 5, 2005