modem dial-in to Cisco 2600 problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by asda, Oct 6, 2006.

  1. asda

    asda Guest

    Hi!
    I have to following situation. I need to connect over PSTN to remote location to Cisco 2600 router. I have MultiTech MT5634ZBA-V92 modem connected to aux port of 2600. Form my PC I connect through Hyper Terminal.
    Configuration of aux port on 2600 looks like this:

    line aux 0
    exec-timeout 15 0
    login local
    modem InOut
    modem autoconfigure discovery
    transport input all
    stopbits 1
    speed 115200
    flowcontrol hardware

    1) When I connect why do I get this (red letters):

    CONNECT 31200/ARQ/V34/LAPM/V42BIS

    % Login invalid

    Username: 0 V42bis
    Password:

    2) how can I set that after 3 unsuccessful login attempts, user gets disconnected?
    3) Why every time I connect to my USR external modem over Hyper Terminal I have to enter atz command to see what I write?

    Thanks!
    I appreciate :)
    asda, Oct 6, 2006

  2. asda

    asda Guest

    And

    4) when first password timeout expires to tell router to give one more prompt. And if password timeout expires again, another prompt (last one)?

    asda, Oct 6, 2006