    Failing that, I'm all ears to any likely causes for such slow connection
    speeds.

    Thanks.
    Metaphoid, Oct 10, 2003

  2. Metaphoid

    °Mike° Guest

    That command is part of an AT command to disable V.90
    and/or V.92 - usually of the form:

    AT+MS=V34,0

    or

    AT&MS=V34,0

    Faster connection speeds can often be achieved by forcing V34
    on some systems, if V90/92 is not supported by your ISP, or
    interferes with the negotiation signals. You should not rely on
    this, though, and your phone line should be checked, particularly
    as it's split. Contact your telephone company and ask them to
    check the line and up the gain.

    Line Noise
    http://www.modemhelp.net/linenoise/noise.shtml

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:21:08 +1000, in