    so is it generally possible (for there is only a mixer device for the
    cound card in control panel/multimedia/devices )?

    , Nov 2, 2005

  2. Brian Guest

    the wav device for your modem is only so you can hear the dial tones when
    the modem is in use (simple explaination)not for playing sound like your
    sound card. The modem has an onboard speaker just for that. No .wav files
    are played through that wav device only your sound card hence the mixer
    program for the sound card not the modem

    Brian, Nov 3, 2005

  3. Spajky Guest

    On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 19:19:23 -0600, "Brian"
    <> wrote:

    >the wav device for your modem is only so you can hear the dial tones when
    >the modem is in use (simple explaination)....

    not exactly IMHO, modem does not need that for that

    >not for playing sound like your
    >sound card. The modem has an onboard speaker just for that. No .wav files
    >are played through that wav device only your sound card hence the mixer
    >program for the sound card not the modem

    wav device for (voice capable) modem serves for different purposes,
    mostly for using answering machine or speakerPhone operations via PC
    speaker & Mic. with apropriate program if installed.
    It is also so possible to play a music (bad telephone quality
    to the conversating partner) & recording conversations ... The need is
    only having a proper software that can do that to do that ...
    --
    Regards , SPAJKY ®
    mail addr. @ my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com

    Spajky, Nov 3, 2005
  4. Guest

    Thanks
    just what I had in mind -I suppose voice speakerphone modem can d/a
    (play) and a/d(record) the sounds but I can't select it up using
    windows control panel/multmedia ?
    Spajky wrote:
    > On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 19:19:23 -0600, "Brian"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >the wav device for your modem is only so you can hear the dial tones when
    > >the modem is in use (simple explaination)....

    > not exactly IMHO, modem does not need that for that
    >

    > >not for playing sound like your
    > >sound card. The modem has an onboard speaker just for that. No .wav files
    > >are played through that wav device only your sound card hence the mixer
    > >program for the sound card not the modem

    > wav device for (voice capable) modem serves for different purposes,
    > mostly for using answering machine or speakerPhone operations via PC
    > speaker & Mic. with apropriate program if installed.
    > It is also so possible to play a music (bad telephone quality
    > to the conversating partner) & recording conversations ... The need is
    > only having a proper software that can do that to do that ...
    > --
    > Regards , SPAJKY ®
    > mail addr. @ my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com
    > "Tualatin OC-ed / BX-Slot1 / inaudible setup!"

    , Nov 4, 2005