    into modelling, any UK links (or other newsgroups) would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Thanks :)
    ***JB, May 19, 2005

  2. ***JB

    neville Guest

    The best way is to get involved in a modelling group.a visit to your local
    model shop should help, they have a range of modelling kits and advice on
    modelling with airfix, revell and many other brands.Also the noticeboard
    gives info on group meetings in your area.

    neville, May 19, 2005

  3. ***JB

    °Mike° Guest

    In <428cd913$0$292$>,
    ***JB took 11 lines to utter:

    >Hi guys,
    >
    >My girlfriend is desperate to get into modelling but doesn't know enough
    >about it. I've heard about a company called 'Modelling International' in
    >Birmingham but they don't have a website which is quite disappointing.
    >
    >Can anyone give me advice on the best way for my girlfriend to break
    >into modelling, any UK links (or other newsgroups) would be greatly
    >appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks :)

    First stop, BEWARE of scams and potentially dangerous loons.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/south/series3/models_agency_scams.shtml

    Second stop, ALBA
    http://www.albamodel.info/index.php
    "Alba Model Information is a non-profit organisation working to
    stop the exploitation of young people hoping to enter the modelling
    or entertainment industries."

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 19, 2005
  4. ***JB

    ***JB Guest

    °Mike° wrote:
    > In <428cd913$0$292$>,
    > ***JB took 11 lines to utter:
    >

    >>Hi guys,
    >>
    >>My girlfriend is desperate to get into modelling but doesn't know enough
    >>about it. I've heard about a company called 'Modelling International' in
    >>Birmingham but they don't have a website which is quite disappointing.
    >>
    >>Can anyone give me advice on the best way for my girlfriend to break
    >>into modelling, any UK links (or other newsgroups) would be greatly
    >>appreciated.
    >>
    >>Thanks :)

    > First stop, BEWARE of scams and potentially dangerous loons.
    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/south/series3/models_agency_scams.shtml
    >
    > Second stop, ALBA
    > http://www.albamodel.info/index.php
    > "Alba Model Information is a non-profit organisation working to
    > stop the exploitation of young people hoping to enter the modelling
    > or entertainment industries."

    Thanks for the info... there does seem to be a lot of scams out there
    but hopefully I'll be able to avoid them with those links.

    Thanks again
    ***JB, May 19, 2005
  5. ***JB

    Aquanaut Guest

    "***JB" <> wrote in message
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > My girlfriend is desperate to get into modelling but doesn't know enough
    > about it. I've heard about a company called 'Modelling International' in
    > Birmingham but they don't have a website which is quite disappointing.
    >
    > Can anyone give me advice on the best way for my girlfriend to break into
    > modelling, any UK links (or other newsgroups) would be greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks :)

    http://www.models1.co.uk/

    if no go with them do not bother anywhere---do not get suckered into buying
    a portfolio etc
    Funny how so many blondes go into a cuthroat business that they are
    genetically incapable of dealing with.
    Aquanaut, May 19, 2005
  6. ***JB

    °Mike° Guest

    In <428ce2ae$0$289$>,
    ***JB took 31 lines to utter:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >> In <428cd913$0$292$>,
    >> ***JB took 11 lines to utter:
    >>

    >>>Hi guys,
    >>>
    >>>My girlfriend is desperate to get into modelling but doesn't know enough
    >>>about it. I've heard about a company called 'Modelling International' in
    >>>Birmingham but they don't have a website which is quite disappointing.
    >>>
    >>>Can anyone give me advice on the best way for my girlfriend to break
    >>>into modelling, any UK links (or other newsgroups) would be greatly
    >>>appreciated.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks :)

    >> First stop, BEWARE of scams and potentially dangerous loons.
    >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/south/series3/models_agency_scams.shtml
    >>
    >> Second stop, ALBA
    >> http://www.albamodel.info/index.php
    >> "Alba Model Information is a non-profit organisation working to
    >> stop the exploitation of young people hoping to enter the modelling
    >> or entertainment industries."
    >>

    >Thanks for the info... there does seem to be a lot of scams out there
    >but hopefully I'll be able to avoid them with those links.
    >
    >Thanks again

    You're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 19, 2005
  7. ***JB

    neville Guest

    Thats just bullshit scaremongering. Ive never been exploited in my
    battleships of world war two support group

    neville, May 19, 2005
  8. ***JB

    jbx Guest

    neville wrote:
    > The best way is to get involved in a modelling group.a visit to your local
    > model shop should help, they have a range of modelling kits and advice on
    > modelling with airfix, revell and many other brands.Also the noticeboard
    > gives info on group meetings in your area.
    >
    > "***JB" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi guys,
    >>
    >>My girlfriend is desperate to get into modelling but doesn't know enough
    >>about it. I've heard about a company called 'Modelling International' in
    >>Birmingham but they don't have a website which is quite disappointing.
    >>
    >>Can anyone give me advice on the best way for my girlfriend to break into
    >>modelling, any UK links (or other newsgroups) would be greatly
    >>appreciated.
    >>
    >>Thanks :)

    ROTFLMAO

    --
    jbx
    jbx, May 19, 2005
  9. ***JB

    Tab Guest

    Tab, May 19, 2005
  10. ***JB

    Puzzled Guest

    "***JB" <> wrote in message
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > My girlfriend is desperate to get into modelling but doesn't know enough
    > about it. I've heard about a company called 'Modelling International' in
    > Birmingham but they don't have a website which is quite disappointing.
    >
    > Can anyone give me advice on the best way for my girlfriend to break into
    > modelling, any UK links (or other newsgroups) would be greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks :)

    Pop down to Soho in London, there is a newsagents in Old compton street.
    Place a card in his window display stating something along the lines of:
    "Model available for work" and a number she can be contacted.
    She will be Q'teed many "agents" calling enquiring of her services.
    Alternatively, Every friday night outside "that pub" in Greek st in Soho,
    Maltese Mario is available for finding work for all "models" that are
    available.
    Puzzled, May 19, 2005
  11. ***JB

    jbx Guest

    Tab wrote:
    > "jbx" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>neville wrote:
    >>
    >>>The best way is to get involved in a modelling group.a visit to your
    >>>local
    >>>model shop should help, they have a range of modelling kits and advice on
    >>>modelling with airfix, revell and many other brands.Also the noticeboard
    >>>gives info on group meetings in your area.
    >>>
    >>>"***JB" <> wrote in message

    >>ROTFLMAO
    >>DITTO Tab --
    >>jbx

    Tab, your sig is broke!!

    --
    jbx
    jbx, May 19, 2005
  12. ***JB

    dwacon Guest

    "***JB" <> wrote in message
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > My girlfriend is desperate to get into modelling but doesn't know enough
    > about it. I've heard about a company called 'Modelling International' in
    > Birmingham but they don't have a website which is quite disappointing.
    >
    > Can anyone give me advice on the best way for my girlfriend to break into
    > modelling, any UK links (or other newsgroups) would be greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks :)

    Send nekkid pictures of her to Howard Stern.

    --
    Warning: Contains Brief Nudity
    http://www.cafepress.com/dwacon.19483317
    dwacon, May 19, 2005
  13. dwacon wrote:
    > "***JB" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi guys,

    >> My girlfriend is desperate to get into modelling but doesn't know enough
    >> about it. I've heard about a company called 'Modelling International' in
    >> Birmingham but they don't have a website which is quite disappointing.

    >> Can anyone give me advice on the best way for my girlfriend to break into
    >> modelling, any UK links (or other newsgroups) would be greatly
    >> appreciated.

    >> Thanks :)

    > Send nekkid pictures of her to Howard Stern.

    Hell, send nekkid pictures of her to alt.binaries.[whatever] and mark
    them to our attention... :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 19, 2005
  14. ***JB

    Fred Kasner Guest

    ***JB wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > My girlfriend is desperate to get into modelling but doesn't know enough
    > about it. I've heard about a company called 'Modelling International' in
    > Birmingham but they don't have a website which is quite disappointing.
    >
    > Can anyone give me advice on the best way for my girlfriend to break
    > into modelling, any UK links (or other newsgroups) would be greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks :)

    Of course this advice is certainly not appropriate because it applies to
    the USA. But I do not doubt that the advice would be useful even in the
    UK. My wife had a modeling and talent agency for many years in Chicago.
    She was very successful and only her declining health led to the failure
    of agency to survive her by much. However it can be said that any agency
    that requires you to provide pictures (usually they should be 8inches by
    10 inches) provided by a specific photographer is suspect. Also I doubt
    that you should have to pay any fee to the agency just to register with
    them. In the states those who make extraordinary promises of future
    success are also highly suspect. Lots of agencies in the USA are totally
    fraudulent and do not much more than collect money from aspirants but
    provide almost nothing much in the way of support for the models or
    actors they register. Nothing is better than a recommendation from some
    other person already in the modeling business. Those who came to my
    wife's agency after going to others were surprised that photos were
    acceptable only from some recommended photographer. It is a tricky
    business and unless your girlfriend is a truly stunning beauty and
    especially in the age range of 17 to 26 she will be wasting a lot of
    time and some not inconsiderable amount of money.
    FK
    Fred Kasner, May 20, 2005
  15. ***JB

    aspicer

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2006
    Messages:
    5
    Location:
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Administrators something's broken here. I thought I saw:

    Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Support :shock:

    But I guess this has turned into a Modeling in the UK group?

    I know these posters are not that unintelligent that they've made a horrible mistake. It must be the same old tired worn out forum / trackback /comment_post spam that's happening all over.

    IT's a shame.
    aspicer, Aug 2, 2006