    ===================================
    Of Course The Address is Munged

    ===================================
    GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net, Sep 13, 2003

  2. GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <>,
    GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net says...
    > If you do photos of your own children should you do a model release on
    > them, if there is a chance you may publish or sell them?
    >
    > GK
    > ===================================
    > Of Course The Address is Munged
    >
    > ===================================

    No. Who's gonna sue you for using their childrens' images without
    consent? :)

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Sep 13, 2003

  3. GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net

    Tom Thackrey Guest

    On 12-Sep-2003, GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net wrote:

    > If you do photos of your own children should you do a model release on
    > them, if there is a chance you may publish or sell them?

    It depends on who you sell the photos to. They may want a release before
    publishing them in a book, for example. The good news is, assuming you have
    legal custody, you can sign the release.

    --
    Tom Thackrey
    www.creative-light.com
    Tom Thackrey, Sep 13, 2003
  4. GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net

    Mxsmanic Guest

    GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net writes:

    > If you do photos of your own children should you do a model release on
    > them, if there is a chance you may publish or sell them?

    Yes. If they are 18 or older, they must sign the model release
    themselves.

    Mxsmanic, Sep 13, 2003
  5. GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net

    f1 studios Guest

    AFAIK they can sign their own model release at 16 in UK

    Mike
    www.f1studios.co.uk

    f1 studios, Sep 13, 2003
  6. <GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net> wrote in message
    > If you do photos of your own children should you do a model release on
    > them, if there is a chance you may publish or sell them?

    You mean little rug rats? Hell no. They're your property. Are U going
    to sign the release to yourself???
    mark_digital©, Sep 13, 2003
  7. GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net

    Ms. Jaime Guest

    ><GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net> wrote in message
    >> If you do photos of your own children should you do a model release on
    >> them, if there is a chance you may publish or sell them?

    No. Just follow the kids around with the camera and drive them up the
    wall. :)

    It's what I do. LOL

    Ms.Jaime

    "This, is an ex-parrot"
    Ms. Jaime, Sep 13, 2003
  8. On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 16:34:13 -0400, "mark_digital©" <>
    wrote:

    ><GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net> wrote in message
    >> If you do photos of your own children should you do a model release on
    >> them, if there is a chance you may publish or sell them?

    >You mean little rug rats? Hell no. They're your property. Are U going
    >to sign the release to yourself???

    Well, that's the question, what if an advertising firm or book firm
    wants to see the release are they gonna go on my word? or would they
    at the very least expect a spouse to do a release?

    GK
    ===================================

    GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net, Sep 14, 2003
  9. GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net

    Charlie Self Guest

    GrailKing asks:

    >><GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net> wrote in message
    >>> If you do photos of your own children should you do a model release on
    >>> them, if there is a chance you may publish or sell them?

    >>You mean little rug rats? Hell no. They're your property. Are U going
    >>to sign the release to yourself???
    >>

    >Well, that's the question, what if an advertising firm or book firm
    >wants to see the release are they gonna go on my word? or would they
    >at the very least expect a spouse to do a release?

    You're the one who signs the release for your kids if the agency asks for it.
    Otherwise, don't worry about it. You give them a standard release; they pay you
    their standard rate.

    Charlie Self

    "Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without
    integrity is dangerous and dreadful."
    Samuel Johnson
    Charlie Self, Sep 14, 2003