    Are there good flexable cool cathode lights?

    Looking for help from experience not some gamers site.
    Pics look good but do they work?ya know?

    Agita, Nov 16, 2006

  2. Agita

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I don't know about paint, but I generally just use medium quality spray paint from Home Depot stores.

    The best fans are Panaflow, which generally require a special lead adapter if it doesn't come with the fan when you order it. These fans are some of the quietest ones out there, and they move lots of air.

    Flexible cold cathode lights? These don't bend, as they are in solid plastic tubes. I order mine from www.svc.com, and you can usually get a package of two tubes / one inverter for under $10 USD. I order several things at a time to make the shipping charges hurt less.

    Check out my site for pictures of modded computer cases.

    bigal, Dec 13, 2006

  3. Agita

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    The alternated to this impossible Cold Cathode Flexablity would be EL Wire, its however not as Bright and quite thin. But if u would like a Neon custom made dont look at a modding store, look at a sign store. :)

    Modding is more then just some lights and a few fans fortunately, it extends to the realms of Full case destruction and creation. Look at Al Printer Mods, they are very nice, and show just how u have to mod, you dont need to make ur mod work for everyones components, just the ones ur using for it. Thats how u get away with it.

    and one thing, before u do ur mod, PLAN IT, notes/drawings anything that designs what ur gonna do before u go cutting random holes u dont want ... :|

    unholy, Dec 16, 2006
  4. Agita

    technoplume

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2009
    Messages:
    55
    Paint seller is not really were you get the quality. You can have very decent paint job whit cheap spray paint I buy mine at Canadian tire, or home depot. But to get real nice paint, I put a lot of work on the case. First removing the old paint. Just spraying paint on there wont last long because the paint will not stick on the old varnish correctly. You can always sand the old paint and remove the glow from it's surface, then Prime it for paint. But u can have discoloration and uneven paint in the end.

    Second if u sanded the tower to the metal u have to prepare it before you prime it. Use a grease remover and put rubber glove. Any finger print will prevent the primer from doing his job perfectly. I use NAPHTHA to wash the tower cause it evaporate rapidly and leave no trace. Make sure your in a well aerated place. Then I Air pressure clean the tower to remove dust that the tissue has left

    Third is to take your time. Don't rush it, and that part is hard. Since I don't have a proper paint shop, There is always dust that land on the paint when it dry. To remove those without damaging the paint Use Soap and water mix whit 1400 sand paper. You have to let each coat dry enough and sand them a bit so that the next coat will glue correctly together. When you apply a coat it should not cover the surface completely on the first past. It should take 3 to 5 coat to make a decent paint job. But the thiner your coat are, the better it will look. But it's lot of work. Then apply a clear coat to protect the paint. Apply it in the same way you apply the paint, wash/sand each coat. ( yeah it take many days )

    Finally before you paint there are a few thing to consider. The place you paint should be protected from wind. Sometimes I used a box to cover the pieces from dust when they dry. Also some paint from different maker don't work well together, trying them before is a good idea.

    A few trick, painting in winter gives better work, it also has less dust in the air. Water the floor were you paint to prevent dust from going up. Suspend your pieces if you have room. Have a nice wide plastic bucket to wash/sand your coat. You can use Huge plastic bag to protect the drying piece from dust.

    technoplume, Sep 9, 2009