    anything.

    Any help?

    Thanks!
    twi2ted_pair, Oct 15, 2003

  2. twi2ted_pair

    Aaron Woody Guest

    This may sound stupid, but have you gone into global config and typed
    "banner motd" to see what you get?

    Aaron

    Aaron Woody, Oct 20, 2003

  3. twi2ted_pair

    twi2ted_pair Guest

    (Aaron Woody) wrote in message news:<>...
    > This may sound stupid, but have you gone into global config and typed
    > "banner motd" to see what you get?
    >
    > Aaron
    >
    > (twi2ted_pair) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > I'm wondering if it is possible to put a MOD or a login banner on this
    > > type of switch? I've looked all over the TAC site and didn't find
    > > anything.
    > >
    > > Any help?
    > >
    > > Thanks!

    I tried that, there doesn't seem to be any "banner" or "motd" command.
    I'm surprised that you can't configure one on the Catalyst...anyone
    have an answer? I wonder if they didn't add that feature in the
    IOS....
    twi2ted_pair, Oct 27, 2003
  4. twi2ted_pair

    Dalgaard Guest

    > > > I'm wondering if it is possible to put a MOD or a login banner on this
    > > > type of switch? I've looked all over the TAC site and didn't find
    > > > anything.
    > > >
    > > > Any help?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks!

    > I tried that, there doesn't seem to be any "banner" or "motd" command.
    > I'm surprised that you can't configure one on the Catalyst...anyone
    > have an answer? I wonder if they didn't add that feature in the
    > IOS.

    banner motd is working just fine on a ws-c3548
    Dalgaard, Oct 27, 2003
  5. twi2ted_pair wrote:

    > (Aaron Woody) wrote in message
    >> This may sound stupid, but have you gone into global config and typed
    >> "banner motd" to see what you get?
    >>
    >> Aaron
    >>
    >> (twi2ted_pair) wrote in message
    >> > I'm wondering if it is possible to put a MOD or a login banner on this
    >> > type of switch? I've looked all over the TAC site and didn't find
    >> > anything.
    >> >
    >> > Any help?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks!

    > I tried that, there doesn't seem to be any "banner" or "motd" command.
    > I'm surprised that you can't configure one on the Catalyst...anyone
    > have an answer? I wonder if they didn't add that feature in the
    > IOS....

    This works on a 2900XL. Does it not work on the 3548?

    conf t
    line con 0
    motd-banner
    exec-banner
    exit
    line vty 0 <whatever>
    motd-banner
    exec-banner
    exit
    banner <......>
    exit

    http://www.mailtrap.org.uk/
    http://www.ibrox.demon.co.uk/
    Bob { Goddard }, Oct 27, 2003
  6. twi2ted_pair

    twi2ted_pair Guest

    "Dalgaard" <newsATfamilien-dalgaard.dk> wrote in message news:<3f9d7425$0$9817$>...
    > "twi2ted_pair" <> wrote in message
    > > (Aaron Woody) wrote in message

    > > > This may sound stupid, but have you gone into global config and typed
    > > > "banner motd" to see what you get?
    > > >
    > > > Aaron
    > > >
    > > > (twi2ted_pair) wrote in message

    > > I tried that, there doesn't seem to be any "banner" or "motd" command.
    > > I'm surprised that you can't configure one on the Catalyst...anyone
    > > have an answer? I wonder if they didn't add that feature in the
    > > IOS.

    > banner motd is working just fine on a ws-c3548

    That's odd....I'm using Version 12.0(5.3)WC(1) (ws-c3548-XL)if that
    makes a difference. What is the syntax that you're using?
    twi2ted_pair, Oct 27, 2003
  7. twi2ted_pair

    Dalgaard Guest

    > > "twi2ted_pair" <> wrote in message
    > > > (Aaron Woody) wrote in message

    typed

    this

    > > > I tried that, there doesn't seem to be any "banner" or "motd" command.
    > > > I'm surprised that you can't configure one on the Catalyst...anyone
    > > > have an answer? I wonder if they didn't add that feature in the
    > > > IOS.

    > > banner motd is working just fine on a ws-c3548

    > That's odd....I'm using Version 12.0(5.3)WC(1) (ws-c3548-XL)if that
    > makes a difference. What is the syntax that you're using?

    config terminal
    banner motd ^CCC
    test
    ^C

    -------------------

    switch(config)#banner ?
    LINE c banner-text c, where 'c' is a delimiting character
    exec Set EXEC process creation banner
    incoming Set incoming terminal line banner
    login Set login banner
    motd Set Message of the Day banner
    prompt-timeout Set Message for login authentication timeout
    slip-ppp Set Message for SLIP/PPP

    -------------------

    sh ver

    IOS (tm) C3500XL Software (C3500XL-C3H2S-M), Version 12.0(5.2)XU,
    MAINTENANCE INTERIM SOFTWARE
    Compiled Mon 17-Jul-00 18:29 by ayounes
    Image text-base: 0x00003000, data-base: 0x00301F3C

    ROM: Bootstrap program is C3500XL boot loader

    Real_Sw_1 uptime is 4 weeks, 6 days, 15 hours, 56 minutes
    System returned to ROM by power-on
    System restarted at 20:06:42 cest Tue Sep 23 2003
    System image file is "flash:c3500XL-c3h2s-mz-120.5.2-XU.bin"

    cisco WS-C3548-XL (PowerPC403) processor (revision 0x01) with 16384K/1024K
    bytes of memory.
    Processor board ID FAB0520M17E, with hardware revision 0x00
    Last reset from power-on

    Processor is running Enterprise Edition Software
    Cluster command switch capable
    Cluster member switch capable
    48 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    2 Gigabit Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

    32K bytes of flash-simulated non-volatile configuration memory.
    Base ethernet MAC Address: 00:06:28:91:9C:80
    Motherboard assembly number: 73-3903-08
    Power supply part number: 34-0971-01
    Motherboard serial number: FAB0520E0RV
    Power supply serial number: APQ045201C5