  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    are moc classes and moc books enough to pass the exams???
    Guest, Oct 3, 2004

  2. In a word *YES*
    (provided you actually *read* all the material you're given)

    On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 03:20:59 -0700,
    <> declared in their epistle:

    >are moc classes and moc books enough to pass the exams???

    ================================
    My Hero:
    (remove vroomfondle to email me)
    ================================
    Marlin Munrow, Oct 3, 2004

  3. Guest

    SJ Guest

    No.

    MOC classes and MOC books have the material to guide your studies, but
    you need to be able to apply that knowledge.

    If you think that you can sit in a class for three days and absorb the
    knowledge and pass the test on the fourth day, you're mistaken.

    People working in the IT field often have a lot of knowledge learned
    through experience; the MOC classes and the MOC books often put
    professional terms and terminology onto concepts they know in addition
    to filling in the holes to take them to the next level.

    I don't know your experience level, or your aptitude.

    Think about this. Is a single class and the book "Mastering Painting"
    enough to enable you to create a painting that someone would be
    willing to hang on their wall? If you've been painting for years,
    yes. If you just started but have an aptitude for it, then probably
    yes after a lot of practice on throwaway canvasses. If it's all new
    and you don't even own a paint brush, than in addition to the first
    book and class, you'll need some more resources.

    HTH

    sj
    www.certquest.net

    SJ, Oct 3, 2004
  4. <> wrote in message news:<222d01c4a932$ad78f1a0$>...
    > are moc classes and moc books enough to pass the exams???

    Probably not unless you already had a fair bit of experience in the
    subject at hand.

    The MOC classes can be very useful in the right environment and with
    the right instructor, but they lack detail on some of the material.
    I've found the MOC materials (the books and media that come with the
    classes, not to be confused with the books that you can purchase from
    MS Press) to be useful for following along in the class, but of
    limited use when actually studying for the tests. They aren't
    indexed, which makes looking up specific items a real pain. And they
    gloss over or flat-out skip some test objectives. For instance,
    course 2278, which preps you for 70-293, doesn't cover much of
    anything about server clusters.

    By all means, take the classes if you can afford them (or even better,
    if you can get your employer to pay for them). They're a great way to
    get exposure to some of the concepts that you might not have dealt
    with in a work environment. But some outside study is to be expected
    if you want to get a handle on all of the material.
    Dennis Trimble, Oct 4, 2004