    VOIP?

    Cheers.

    , Dec 16, 2005

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > [ Cross posted to uk.telecom.mobile and uk.telecom.voip because its
    > applicable, I think. ]
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Are there any mobiles (or PDA or other such device with mobile
    > functionality) that have Wi-Fi and the ability to run a SIP client for
    > VOIP?
    >
    > Cheers.

    The I-mate JASJAR GSM/GPRS/3G can run skype with WIFI
    www.experimentalist.co.uk

    --

    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/experimentalist-co-uk Will post worldwide.
    www.simcard.me.uk Local Pre Pay Sim Cards. Mobile Phones - Satellite Phones

    www.payasyougo.me.uk, Dec 16, 2005

  3. paul123 Guest

    paul123, Dec 16, 2005
  4. paul123 Guest

    Sorry, that UTS wifi sip phone isn't a mobile as well - probably not
    what yer after.

    Paul

    paul123, Dec 16, 2005
  5. Ned Abell Guest

    In article
    <>,
    <> wrote:

    > [ Cross posted to uk.telecom.mobile and uk.telecom.voip
    > because its applicable, I think. ]

    > Hi,

    > Are there any mobiles (or PDA or other such device with
    > mobile functionality) that have Wi-Fi and the ability to
    > run a SIP client for VOIP?

    Qtek 2020i PDA with PocketPC 2003 has WiFi, runs SJphone and
    Skype and is also a GSM mobile phone. Also Google for PDAs
    with the codenames Himalaya and Andes

    --
    besters
    Ned

    (this email address is unused)

    Ned Abell, Dec 16, 2005
  6. JC Guest

    On 16 Dec 2005 01:55:44 -0800, wrote:

    >[ Cross posted to uk.telecom.mobile and uk.telecom.voip because its
    >applicable, I think. ]
    >
    >Hi,
    >
    >Are there any mobiles (or PDA or other such device with mobile
    >functionality) that have Wi-Fi and the ability to run a SIP client for
    >VOIP?
    >
    >Cheers.

    Are you talking about SIP for voice or the collaboration features?

    I notice a lot of responses about devices that will run Skype, which is
    fine except that Skype is not run on the SIP protocol.
    --

    Regards

    John [Essex, UK]
    Remove the obvious spamtrap to reply

    JC, Dec 16, 2005
  7. Ned Abell Guest

    In article <>,
    JC <johncalias-newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk> wrote:
    > On 16 Dec 2005 01:55:44 -0800, wrote:

    > >[ Cross posted to uk.telecom.mobile and uk.telecom.voip because its
    > >applicable, I think. ]
    > >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >Are there any mobiles (or PDA or other such device with mobile
    > >functionality) that have Wi-Fi and the ability to run a SIP client for
    > >VOIP?
    > >
    > >Cheers.

    > Are you talking about SIP for voice or the collaboration
    > features?

    > I notice a lot of responses about devices that will run
    > Skype, which is fine except that Skype is not run on the
    > SIP protocol.

    SJPhone is SIP

    Ned Abell, Dec 16, 2005
  8. Martin² Guest

    Any Windows based smartphone that can accept a WiFi card.
    You can run X-Lite for Pocket PC (SIP) or Skype.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Dec 17, 2005
  9. JC Guest

    On 16 Dec 2005 01:55:44 -0800, wrote:

    >Are there any mobiles (or PDA or other such device with mobile
    >functionality) that have Wi-Fi and the ability to run a SIP client for
    >VOIP?

    We've tested the Orange M2000 with the Xten client which seemed to
    work but we were plagued with audio glitches, something to do with the
    WiFi stack apparently. Skype on the same phone was fine strangely, but
    was, well, Skype.... Anyone tried Xten or another SIP client on a
    newer phone?

    Rgds
    Jonathan

    JC, Dec 18, 2005
  10. Jon Guest

    declared for all the world to hear...
    > On 16 Dec 2005 01:55:44 -0800, wrote:
    >
    > >Are there any mobiles (or PDA or other such device with mobile
    > >functionality) that have Wi-Fi and the ability to run a SIP client for
    > >VOIP?

    > We've tested the Orange M2000 with the Xten client which seemed to
    > work but we were plagued with audio glitches, something to do with the
    > WiFi stack apparently. Skype on the same phone was fine strangely, but
    > was, well, Skype.... Anyone tried Xten or another SIP client on a
    > newer phone?

    I'd love to try the Xten client, but they don't seem to offer trial-
    version.
    --
    Regards
    Jon

    Jon, Dec 18, 2005
  11. Guest

    On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:04:24 -0000, "www.payasyougo.me.uk"
    <webmaster@(remove_the_spam)simcard.me.uk> wrote:

    >The I-mate JASJAR GSM/GPRS/3G can run skype with WIFI

    Skype is not SIP. It is a non-standard proprietary VOIP protocol.
    There are standard SIP clients for PocketPC you can use, though.

    --

    Iain
    the out-of-date hairydog guide to mobile phones

    , Dec 18, 2005
  12. Martin² Guest

    JC:
    >We've tested the Orange M2000 with the Xten client which seemed to
    >work but we were plagued with audio glitches,

    It probably needs WiFi router with QoS (priority for VoIP traffic).
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Dec 19, 2005