mobile printing question

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Person, Jul 20, 2008.

  1. Person

    Person Guest

    I have a hp4700 ppc and would like to know if it's possible to print to
    a printer (HP Laserjet 4 plus no Bluetooth) that I have connected to my
    laptops USB port and is configured to also print via a 2nd laptop I have
    that's wirelessly connected to my router.
    Looking at the setup on my ppc if I select 'network' as 'kind of
    printer' not quite sure what to put in the 'address' line? Just below
    the address line there it shows an example setting:
    (E.g., 10.0.0.5, \\server\printer)
    Tried to replace the 10.0.0....with 192.168.0.1,
    \\server.........entered my computer's name
    \printer........entered my printer model

    Obviously it hasn't worked. Can someone please advise me whether it's
    possible. If it is what do I need to enter?
    Thankyou

    My laptop has a switch to enable Bluetooth (Sony vaio A1170s if this
    helps )
    --
    Des
    Person, Jul 20, 2008