    He says u can get a numerical "key" to unlock it.

    Any ideas where i can find this numerical "key"?

    Cheers

    anOLDun, Sep 6, 2004

  2. anOLDun

    Flying Rat Guest

    In article <chiimp$bbf$>, LID
    says...
    > Lo All
    >
    > Son has just got a new phone = Vodaphone = myV-55.
    > His old phone was on O2.
    >
    > He wants to use his old chip in the new phone ( i know i know, why didn't he
    > buy an O2 phone - i asked him the same thing - answer = he liked the look
    > of the new one.......i am saying nothing).
    >
    > He says u can get a numerical "key" to unlock it.
    >
    > Any ideas where i can find this numerical "key"?
    >
    > Cheers

    Tell him to port his old number on to the new phone. It's probably going
    to be easier (and cheaper) than getting a subsidised Vodaphone handset
    unlocked.

    He needs to ring up O2 and get a Port Authorisation Code for his number,
    then ring up Voda with it. Five days later he'll be a Vodafone customer
    but using his previous number which has been pushed across to Voda.

    FR

    --

    www.flyingrat.net
    Flying Rat, Sep 6, 2004

  3. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Yo FR

    Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

    and for the advice.

    Much appreciated

    anOLDun, Sep 6, 2004
  4. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    ummmmmm

    Just remembered....... he wanted his "old" 300 free texts a month option.
    Will he get this with this " port authorisation code?"

    cheers

    anOLDun, Sep 6, 2004
  5. anOLDun

    Scraggy Guest

    http://www.turnonyourmobile.com/simrelease.asp
    --
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick
    boxing. -- Emo Philips
    Scraggy, Sep 6, 2004
  6. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Hi Scraggy

    Many thanks for the link - much appreciated

    anOLDun, Sep 6, 2004
  7. anOLDun

    Flying Rat Guest

    In article <chilpi$c1f$>, LID
    says...

    > ummmmmm
    >
    > Just remembered....... he wanted his "old" 300 free texts a month option.
    > Will he get this with this " port authorisation code?"
    >
    > cheers

    No. He'll be on a Vodafone tarriff instead. If he wants to stay with O2
    then try the other poster's link or http://unlockme.co.uk which could
    sort it out for him.

    FR
    --

    www.flyingrat.net
    Flying Rat, Sep 7, 2004
  8. anOLDun

    Scraggy Guest

    anOLDun wrote:
    > Hi Scraggy
    >
    > Many thanks for the link - much appreciated

    :)

    Scraggy, Sep 7, 2004