    Anyone know what mobile phones can support SIP over WIFI?

    They any good?

    Sean!

    Sean, Jul 30, 2006

  2. Sean

    Moonshine Guest

    On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 16:56:30 +0100, Sean
    <> wrote:

    >Anyone know what mobile phones can support SIP over WIFI?
    >
    >They any good?
    >
    >Sean!

    I got a hipi Paragon Wireless phone to play with at the momment...

    http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/mobile-phones/paragon-hipi-dualmode-gsm-phone.asp

    Bit early to say how good it is, though I've succesfully configured it
    to connect to my Wireless AP and make and receive calls using the
    voiptalk service.

    Moonshine, Jul 30, 2006

  3. Sean

    voipuser

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2006
    Messages:
    15
    Pwg500

    I have one and it works fine. The only trouble is that the battery wont last long.But the audio quality is excellent. see here http://www.gtek.com.tw/PWG-500.htm

    voipuser, Jul 30, 2006
  4. Sean

    Heimo Hetl Guest

    Sean <> wrote:

    > Anyone know what mobile phones can support SIP over WIFI?

    Some Nokias (E61, N80...) do.

    > They any good?

    Both are great GSM phones, IMHO. SIP/RTP over WLAN works quite well with
    a local Asterisk; hooking up to any SIP provider out in the wild can be
    tricky and works only if the provider has done some homework. I've seen
    both of them work, though. :)

    cheers
    Heimo

    --
    You never ask questions when God's on your side.

    Heimo Hetl, Jul 30, 2006
  5. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Heimo Hetl wrote:
    Anyone know what mobile phones can support SIP over WIFI?

    > Some Nokias (E61, N80...) do.

    Hmm, nice price tags!

    Sean, Jul 31, 2006
  6. Sean

    sm1thson Guest

    I know the E61 works out of the box. the N80 has sip built in to the
    OS but no front end application to use it. is there now software
    availiable to use sip on the N80? -what is it and where do i get it?
    ---
    External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com

    sm1thson, Aug 1, 2006
  7. Sean

    Heimo Hetl Guest

    sm1thson <-spam.invalid> wrote:

    > I know the E61 works out of the box. the N80 has sip built in to the
    > OS but no front end application to use it.

    The N80 has the same Voip software the E61 has. Right out of the box.

    cheers
    Heimo

    --
    You never ask questions when God's on your side.

    Heimo Hetl, Aug 1, 2006