Mobile phone & bluetooth.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Kenny, Apr 19, 2007.

  1. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Trying to get a Samsung SGH-E370 mobile & Cable & Wireless CWBTA12 bluetooth
    adapter to work together.
    Running the setup for the adapter it connects to the phone then goes to
    setting up a Dial Up Connection.
    It doesn't let me get any farther if I put nothing in there and if I do it
    creates a Dial Up Networking connection which blocks my broadband internet
    access, it brings up a DUN box when I try to connect.
    Why do I need this DUN connection at all?
    Adapter software also puts an entry in Network Connections named "Local Area
    Connection 3" and telling me the cable is unplugged! I have no idea what
    this is about.
    I have read the manual but am none the wiser.
    Phone manual tells me to use Samsung PC Studio to connect but Samsung site
    shows these:
    http://europe.samsungmobile.com/eng/mobile_phone/manual.jsp?model_name=SGH-E370
    as available for this phone.
    Which of these do I actually need?
    I have recently set up a Targus bluetooth adapter and Samsung E900 phone for
    my daughter and it was very easy, I didn't have all this rigmarole.
    Using XP Pro/SP2.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Apr 19, 2007

  2. Kenny

    Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote:

    >Trying to get a Samsung SGH-E370 mobile & Cable & Wireless CWBTA12 bluetooth
    >adapter to work together.
    >Running the setup for the adapter it connects to the phone then goes to
    >setting up a Dial Up Connection.
    >It doesn't let me get any farther if I put nothing in there and if I do it
    >creates a Dial Up Networking connection which blocks my broadband internet
    >access, it brings up a DUN box when I try to connect.
    >Why do I need this DUN connection at all?
    >Adapter software also puts an entry in Network Connections named "Local Area
    >Connection 3" and telling me the cable is unplugged! I have no idea what
    >this is about.

    You have installed the modem driver for the phone, this is so you can
    access the web from your computer thru the phone. - You can disable
    this, as you seem to have no need for it. (right click connection 3)

    >I have read the manual but am none the wiser.
    >Phone manual tells me to use Samsung PC Studio to connect but Samsung site
    >shows these:
    >http://europe.samsungmobile.com/eng/mobile_phone/manual.jsp?model_name=SGH-E370
    >as available for this phone.
    >Which of these do I actually need?
    >I have recently set up a Targus bluetooth adapter and Samsung E900 phone for
    >my daughter and it was very easy, I didn't have all this rigmarole.
    >Using XP Pro/SP2.

    Download the one for XP, and your needs,

    PIM will transfer your phone contacts to Outlook and back (not
    express)

    PC Sync will make sure your phone and Outlook is the same.

    sample media files and contacts I have no clue (I use Nokia PC Suite,
    and all is included in one file).

    I'd read the manual and see what it has to say, you need to log on to
    do this.

    http://www.bugmenot.com doesn't have a log on for
    http://europe.samsungmobile.com, you might fill it out for others to
    use...
    --
    Optical illusion - motion binding
    http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/mot_motionBinding/index.html

    , Apr 19, 2007

  3. Kenny

    Guest

    , Apr 19, 2007
  4. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Thanks for the reply. Have downloaded all that stuff from Samsung but still
    can't get from PC to phone. The odd thing is that I can get from phone to
    PC.
    Re: Bugmenot I don't know why anyone else would want into the Samsung mobile
    site, there's nothing of any use there.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Apr 20, 2007
  5. Kenny

    Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote:

    >Thanks for the reply. Have downloaded all that stuff from Samsung but still
    >can't get from PC to phone. The odd thing is that I can get from phone to
    >PC.

    Sometimes getting a phone to connect to a computer can be a pain.
    Might try alt.cellular.nokia (not your phone) but it's full of people
    with the same problem, and different brands pop up.

    >Re: Bugmenot I don't know why anyone else would want into the Samsung mobile
    >site, there's nothing of any use there.

    I did yesterday :)
    --
    http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=17828

    , Apr 20, 2007
  6. Kenny

    Jerry G. Guest

    You will have to buy the interface cable that goes between the phone and
    the computer to start with. The manufacture should sell a complete kit
    with their instructions to do this.

    --

    Jerry G.

    Jerry G., Apr 21, 2007
  7. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    There is a USB data cable available to buy but I thought the whole idea of
    bluetooth was that it could be done wirelessly.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Apr 21, 2007
  8. Kenny

    Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote:

    >There is a USB data cable available to buy but I thought the whole idea of
    >bluetooth was that it could be done wirelessly.

    Ya, I use bluetooth for mine.

    First you need to make sure your bluetooth is setup properly, seeing
    as it want's to be your modem, it's is.

    RTM about pairing, once you get the two paired (phone/Computer) you
    can work on the applications.

    WIth my USB doggle and PC suite I had a real problem getting a virtual
    port to match between the computer and Phone.

    Start | Run <type in>
    devmgmt.msc
    <enter>

    Check your Ports (Com and LPT), make sure you have a virtual port that
    matches the one the USB doggle is trying to use.
    --
    http://www.luckyninja.com/flash/laibach_for_web.swf

    , Apr 22, 2007
  9. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Have returned the C & W dongle and will try a different brand.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Apr 22, 2007
  10. Kenny

    Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote:

    >Have returned the C & W dongle and will try a different brand.

    Make sure everything is removed and deleted, your old USB dongle
    drivers/software and PC Suite or other programs you added.

    Then install the USB Dongle drivers, then whatever else your trying to
    use.

    When it's all setup and you find the Virtual com ports don't match
    (worse case) Goto the add/remove hardware to install a virtual com
    port(s).

    --
    Photosynth
    http://labs.live.com/photosynth/videodemo.html