    -Lost
    Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am kidding.
    No I am not.
    -Lost, Aug 27, 2007

  2. -Lost wrote:
    > I had no clue where to go for this one, I thought maybe a handheld group
    > but figured they would get all anal since they probably use *real*
    > handhelds.
    >
    > Anyway... does anyone know of any offline mobile or handheld device
    > simulators?

    Whut the hell are you talking about?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 27, 2007

  3. -Lost

    SoundBytes Guest

    "-Lost" <> wrote in message
    >I had no clue where to go for this one, I thought maybe a handheld group
    > but figured they would get all anal since they probably use *real*
    > handhelds.
    >
    > Anyway... does anyone know of any offline mobile or handheld device
    > simulators?
    >
    > --
    > -Lost
    > kidding.
    > No I am not.

    is this what you are talking about?
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do;jsessionid=e8303e63f2a911181578TR

    type your question into google (
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?source=ig&hl=en&q=handheld device simulators&btnG=Google Search&meta= )
    and you get lots of pages to visit
    SoundBytes, Aug 27, 2007
  4. -Lost

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Bada bing -Lost <> bada bang:
    > I had no clue where to go for this one, I thought maybe a handheld group
    > but figured they would get all anal since they probably use *real*
    > handhelds.
    >
    > Anyway... does anyone know of any offline mobile or handheld device
    > simulators?

    Yes. At least there was one available for Windows a couple of
    years ago from Palm. Just go to their site and pretend you're a
    developer. The simulator will run on a PC and sync with Palm
    Desktop.

    Mike "at least it *did*"Yetto
    --
    "There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free
    government ought to be to trust no man living with power to
    Mike Yetto, Aug 27, 2007
  5. -Lost

    -Lost Guest

    Response from "SoundBytes" <>:

    > "-Lost" <> wrote in message
    >>I had no clue where to go for this one, I thought maybe a handheld
    >>group
    >> but figured they would get all anal since they probably use *real*
    >> handhelds.
    >>
    >> Anyway... does anyone know of any offline mobile or handheld device
    >> simulators?
    >>
    >> --
    >> -Lost
    >> Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
    >> kidding.
    >> No I am not.

    > is this what you are talking about?
    > https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do;jsessionid=e8303
    > e63f2a911181578TR

    Thanks!

    > type your question into google (
    > http://www.google.co.uk/search?source=ig&hl=en&q=handheld device simula
    > tors&btnG=Google+Search&meta= ) and you get lots of pages to visit

    Yeah, I seem to always run across crap though. Like this search for
    example. It is geared towards two things... SDKs or the Blackberry.

    Also, your search was not the same as my question. That might be why I
    did not find too many useful links. Thanks again!

    --
    -Lost
    kidding. No I am not.
    -Lost, Aug 27, 2007
  6. -Lost

    -Lost Guest

    Response from Mike Yetto <>:

    > Bada bing -Lost <> bada bang:
    >> I had no clue where to go for this one, I thought maybe a handheld
    >> group but figured they would get all anal since they probably use
    >> *real* handhelds.
    >>
    >> Anyway... does anyone know of any offline mobile or handheld device
    >> simulators?
    >>

    > Yes. At least there was one available for Windows a couple of
    > years ago from Palm. Just go to their site and pretend you're a
    > developer. The simulator will run on a PC and sync with Palm
    > Desktop.

    Marvelous. I found it, thanks!

    > "at least it *did*"

    Aye!

    --
    -Lost
    kidding. No I am not.
    -Lost, Aug 27, 2007
  7. -Lost

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 06:17:21 -0500, -Lost wrote:

    >I had no clue where to go for this one, I thought maybe a handheld group
    >but figured they would get all anal since they probably use *real*
    >handhelds.
    >
    >Anyway... does anyone know of any offline mobile or handheld device
    >simulators?

    Didn't say what you are doing, 1st guess would be
    mobile phone wap emulator , www.google.com ot
    mobile phone emulator

    WAP Emulators
    M3Gate is WAP browser that allows viewing mobile WAP devices content of
    pages ... Deck-it- previewer is a very fast WAP phone emulator
    supporting multiple ...
    www.wap-shareware.com/directory/wapemulators.shtml - 22k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Wapsilon
    WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) is a technique to get special
    webpages, WAPpages, on a WAP enabled mobile phone. With a WAP enabled
    phone or handheld PC ...
    www.wapsilon.com/ - 2k - Cached - Similar pages

    Openwave Developer Network - Tools & SDK - Openwave Phone Simulator
    However, connections with the Openwave Developer Mobile Access Gateway
    running on ... The WAP 1.x Network Plug-in is an add-on to the main
    Phone Simulator ...
    http://developer.openwave.com/dvl/tools_and_sdk/phone_simulator/ - 21k -
    Cached - Similar pages
    Openwave Developer Network - Home

    Me
    why?, Aug 27, 2007
  8. -Lost

    Guest

    "-Lost" <> wrote:

    >I had no clue where to go for this one, I thought maybe a handheld group
    >but figured they would get all anal since they probably use *real*
    >handhelds.
    >
    >Anyway... does anyone know of any offline mobile or handheld device
    >simulators?

    Nokia runs on the symbian OS they have an application for developers
    to test their programs on - users use it to see how a java or SX0
    application works. http://www.symbian.com/

    Opera will view Wap sites - If you want to see what a cell Phone sees
    http://www.t-zones.co.uk/caps/pfuk/home/index.jsp
    http://mobileapp.espn.go.com/wireless/espn/wml/index

    --

    http://www.onahorse.com/
    , Aug 27, 2007
  9. -Lost

    -Lost Guest

    Response from why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>:

    > On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 06:17:21 -0500, -Lost wrote:
    >
    >>I had no clue where to go for this one, I thought maybe a handheld

    group
    >>but figured they would get all anal since they probably use *real*
    >>handhelds.
    >>
    >>Anyway... does anyone know of any offline mobile or handheld device
    >>simulators?

    > Didn't say what you are doing, 1st guess would be
    > mobile phone wap emulator , www.google.com ot
    > mobile phone emulator

    Thanks for that. Sorry about the lack of information. I forgot to say I
    just wanted to view certain pages and may at some point delve into mobile
    programming. So the WAP findings below should help greatly.

    -
    > Cached - Similar pages
    > Openwave Developer Network - Home

    Thanks again. Very helpful.