    What utilities exist for recovering this card? I don't want any data off
    it, I just want to be able to reformat it and use it.

    TIA
    -=rjh=-, Sep 4, 2005

  2. -=rjh=-

    XP Guest

    On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 21:55:46 +1200, -=rjh=- <> wrote:

    >I've got a 64MB MMC card here, that I loaned to somebody for use in a
    >cheap MP3 player; I got it back formatted as 32MB and I can't reformat
    >it or even usually read it.
    >
    >What utilities exist for recovering this card? I don't want any data off
    >it, I just want to be able to reformat it and use it.
    >
    >TIA

    They Must be Formated Just FAT, if you don't it stuffs them up
    XP, Sep 4, 2005

  3. "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    > I've got a 64MB MMC card here, that I loaned to somebody for use in a
    > cheap MP3 player; I got it back formatted as 32MB and I can't reformat it
    > or even usually read it.
    >
    > What utilities exist for recovering this card? I don't want any data off
    > it, I just want to be able to reformat it and use it.

    You can format them on a Digital Camera if you don't have a Card Reader. If
    you do have a card reader, you can use the FORMAT command on a Command
    prompt for format and specify the format (FAT16/FAT32) and sector size.

    http://www.geekzone.co.nz
    Pocket PC and Smartphone software: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
    Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Sep 5, 2005
  4. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
    > "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I've got a 64MB MMC card here, that I loaned to somebody for use in a
    >>cheap MP3 player; I got it back formatted as 32MB and I can't reformat it
    >>or even usually read it.
    >>
    >>What utilities exist for recovering this card? I don't want any data off
    >>it, I just want to be able to reformat it and use it.
    >>

    > You can format them on a Digital Camera if you don't have a Card Reader. If
    > you do have a card reader, you can use the FORMAT command on a Command
    > prompt for format and specify the format (FAT16/FAT32) and sector size.

    OK, this was strange, but it is sorted.

    Camera wouldn't format the card; Windows would only format it to 29MB
    (using the format command, perhaps I should have tried fdisk?).

    Anyway, after formatting at 29MB with FORMAT, the camera was able to
    reformat the card to its full 64MB, and now it seems fine.

    Thanks all.
    -=rjh=-, Sep 5, 2005
  5. -=rjh=-

    XP Guest

    On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 14:24:14 +1200, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]"
    <> wrote:

    >"-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    >> I've got a 64MB MMC card here, that I loaned to somebody for use in a
    >> cheap MP3 player; I got it back formatted as 32MB and I can't reformat it
    >> or even usually read it.
    >>
    >> What utilities exist for recovering this card? I don't want any data off
    >> it, I just want to be able to reformat it and use it.
    >>

    >You can format them on a Digital Camera if you don't have a Card Reader. If
    >you do have a card reader, you can use the FORMAT command on a Command
    >prompt for format and specify the format (FAT16/FAT32) and sector size.

    YOU MUST NOT FORMAT THEM FAT32...

    Use the XP format command and just select FAT..

    Take it from some one that knows.
    XP, Sep 5, 2005
  6. T'was the Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:41:24 +1200 when I remembered XP
    <> saying something like this:

    >Take it from some one that knows.

    Who?
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.
    Waylon Kenning, Sep 5, 2005
  7. XP wrote:
    >>You can format them on a Digital Camera if you don't have a Card Reader. If
    >>you do have a card reader, you can use the FORMAT command on a Command
    >>prompt for format and specify the format (FAT16/FAT32) and sector size.

    > YOU MUST NOT FORMAT THEM FAT32...
    > Use the XP format command and just select FAT..
    > Take it from some one that knows.

    Why is that Roger?

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 5, 2005
  8. -=rjh=-

    PC Guest

    "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    > I've got a 64MB MMC card here, that I loaned to somebody for use in a
    > cheap MP3 player; I got it back formatted as 32MB and I can't reformat it
    > or even usually read it.
    >
    > What utilities exist for recovering this card? I don't want any data off
    > it, I just want to be able to reformat it and use it.
    >
    > TIA

    If it won't format up to 64MB send it back to the borrower along with the
    bill for a new 64MB stick.

    Cheers
    Paul.
    PC, Sep 6, 2005
  9. -=rjh=-

    Rob J Guest

    On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:07:14 +1200, XP
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 21:55:46 +1200, -=rjh=- <> wrote:
    >
    >>I've got a 64MB MMC card here, that I loaned to somebody for use in a
    >>cheap MP3 player; I got it back formatted as 32MB and I can't reformat
    >>it or even usually read it.
    >>
    >>What utilities exist for recovering this card? I don't want any data off
    >>it, I just want to be able to reformat it and use it.
    >>
    >>TIA

    >They Must be Formated Just FAT, if you don't it stuffs them up

    Hell, it's so nice taking a break from this group for a week, and no
    Woger-crap to put up with.
    Rob J, Sep 10, 2005
  10. On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:41:24 +1200, XP wrote:

    > On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 14:24:14 +1200, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    >>> I've got a 64MB MMC card here, that I loaned to somebody for use in a
    >>> cheap MP3 player; I got it back formatted as 32MB and I can't reformat it
    >>> or even usually read it.
    >>>
    >>> What utilities exist for recovering this card? I don't want any data off
    >>> it, I just want to be able to reformat it and use it.
    >>>

    >>You can format them on a Digital Camera if you don't have a Card Reader. If
    >>you do have a card reader, you can use the FORMAT command on a Command
    >>prompt for format and specify the format (FAT16/FAT32) and sector size.

    > YOU MUST NOT FORMAT THEM FAT32...
    >
    > Use the XP format command and just select FAT..
    >
    > Take it from some one that knows.

    Why? I had some mac users format them HFS+ even.
    wogers nemesis, Sep 10, 2005
  11. In article <>,
    XP <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 21:55:46 +1200, -=rjh=- <> wrote:
    >
    >>I've got a 64MB MMC card here, that I loaned to somebody for use in a
    >>cheap MP3 player; I got it back formatted as 32MB and I can't reformat
    >>it or even usually read it.
    >>
    >>What utilities exist for recovering this card? I don't want any data off
    >>it, I just want to be able to reformat it and use it.

    >They Must be Formated Just FAT, if you don't it stuffs them up

    Let's see, there is FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32. Which of those is "Just
    FAT", exactly?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 1, 2005