MMC Question

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYyBTdG9ha2Vz?=, Oct 24, 2003.

  1. I am installing a Win 2003 Server and configured the MMC with the computer management snapin and want it to connect to PC on the network. Everytime I open event viewer it says Access Denied to that PC. It is running XP and I can access server from it but can not find where I should set permissions to access.

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYyBTdG9ha2Vz?=, Oct 24, 2003

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYyBTdG9ha2Vz?=

    Glenn Guest

    I tried to reproduce your problem but couldn't.
    I am logged onto the xp machine with the same admin username and password as
    the Admin name and password of the 2003 though.
    I am running 2003 without active directory though. I haven't had the time
    to install AD on the server.
    I did have lots of permissions problems I worked my way though. Sounds like
    you are experiencing similar problems.
    I will install AD and Exchange 2003 after service pack 1 comes out on 2003.
    Glenn

    Glenn, Oct 24, 2003

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYyBTdG9ha2Vz?=

    Hugo Guest

    Hi !

    Try removing your user from "Domain Guest "....

    Hugo

    de news:...

    Hugo, Oct 24, 2003