MLPP configuration on SIP phones with Cisco Call Manager Express4.0(0)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by vhuertas@gmail.com, Oct 1, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I am configuring a Cisco Call Manager Express 4.0(0) (in a Cisco 2851)
    in order to register third party SIP phones. In principle we don't
    want to use "telephony-service" configuration because we want to
    perform a configuration regardless of whether the VoIP phone is Cisco
    or not.

    The thing is that now we have 2 SIP phones registered in the internal
    registrar server of CME and 2 H.323 phones which are not registered
    but there are two dial-peers mapping each of both. Calls between them
    work fine.

    However we want to enable MLPP at least on SIP devices but all the
    documentation I have read so far doesn't clarify my doubts and I am a
    bit lost and stuck with this issue.

    There is no SIP dial-peers configured but just "voice register pool"
    instead, which creates a virtual dial-peer in fact.The only command I
    have found regarding the MLPP in SIP phones is the "voice-class sip
    resource priority namespace...". However, this command only appears
    available in statically configured SIP dial-peers and not under "voice
    register pool".

    perhaps the problem is the call manager version but I don't know it.

    Any idea from any expert? Is there some workaround to do it?

    Thank you very much for your attention

    Victor

    , Oct 1, 2008