ml64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?SS1TdS5ZdQ==?=, Oct 4, 2007.

  1. Hi. I'd like to know if there's a newer version of ml64.exe than the
    8.00.40310.39 one I have. Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?SS1TdS5ZdQ==?=, Oct 4, 2007

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 5, 2007

  3. Charlie:
    "ml64.exe is the assembler that accepts x64 assembly language".
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hb5z4sxd(VS.80).aspx
    Seems to be a part of Visual Studio 2005.
    Not my expertise, for sure.
    My guess is that the OP should start here (Visual C++ Downloads):
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/visualc/aa336402.aspx
    or here (Visual Studio Downloads):
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/visualc/aa718332.aspx
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 5, 2007
  4. Since it's part of the VS package, I don't think there are releases of the
    separate parts outside of the Studio version itself? If you need a new
    MASM - you need a new version of VS.

    (Probably.)

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 5, 2007