    Fortunately a friend doesn't have Spirited Away so I'm giving the
    coupon and receipts to him.

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Feb 24, 2005

  2. Jordan

    Justin Guest

    Jordan wrote on [23 Feb 2005 17:03:01 -0800]:
    > So I was expecting to just get one Miyazaki movie on Tuesday, surprise
    > surprise when 3 came out WITH a special offer... Buy all 3, get another
    > DVD for $2.
    >
    > Cool... Check out the coupon... guess which DVDs you can get for free?
    >
    > Yup... the same 3 that came out the last time there was a Miyazaki
    > release. (Spirited Away, Kiki and Laputa, i.e the three I bought last
    > time.)

    Isn't that just plain stupid?
    Justin, Feb 24, 2005

  3. Jordan

    Jordan Guest

    Derek Janssen wrote:

    > Or, if you could be confident that people actually WOULD by "Cat
    > Returns" of their own free will...

    Yes, I bought it anyway... watched it first since I expected it to be
    the worst and was pleasantly surprised. Granted it's more or less the
    same plot as Totoro and Spirited Away, but pretty fun.

    English voices from Peter Boyle, Tim Curry and... Andy Richter (!)

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Feb 24, 2005
  4. Jordan

    Justin Guest

    Derek Janssen wrote on [Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:29:41 -0800]:
    > Justin wrote:
    >
    >> Jordan wrote on [23 Feb 2005 17:03:01 -0800]:
    >>
    >>>So I was expecting to just get one Miyazaki movie on Tuesday, surprise
    >>>surprise when 3 came out WITH a special offer... Buy all 3, get another
    >>>DVD for $2.
    >>>
    >>>Cool... Check out the coupon... guess which DVDs you can get for free?
    >>>
    >>>Yup... the same 3 that came out the last time there was a Miyazaki
    >>>release. (Spirited Away, Kiki and Laputa, i.e the three I bought last
    >>>time.)

    >> Isn't that just plain stupid?

    > Only if you were one of the ones who *were* paying attention when SA
    > first came out on disk--

    I was paying attention when Mononoke first came out on disk. And what
    was the freebie when SA came out? Mononoke!
    Justin, Feb 24, 2005
  5. Justin wrote:

    > Jordan wrote on [23 Feb 2005 17:03:01 -0800]:
    >
    >>So I was expecting to just get one Miyazaki movie on Tuesday, surprise
    >>surprise when 3 came out WITH a special offer... Buy all 3, get another
    >>DVD for $2.
    >>
    >>Cool... Check out the coupon... guess which DVDs you can get for free?
    >>
    >>Yup... the same 3 that came out the last time there was a Miyazaki
    >>release. (Spirited Away, Kiki and Laputa, i.e the three I bought last
    >>time.)

    > Isn't that just plain stupid?

    Only if you were one of the ones who *were* paying attention when SA
    first came out on disk--
    Or, if you could be confident that people actually WOULD by "Cat
    Returns" of their own free will...

    Derek Janssen (stupid like a fox)
    Derek Janssen, Feb 24, 2005
  6. Jordan wrote:

    >>Or, if you could be confident that people actually WOULD by "Cat
    >>Returns" of their own free will...

    > Yes, I bought it anyway... watched it first since I expected it to be
    > the worst and was pleasantly surprised. Granted it's more or less the
    > same plot as Totoro and Spirited Away, but pretty fun.

    Actually, it's the (non-Miyazaki) semi-sequel followup to a scene in
    "Whisper of the Heart", which...would mean more if they'd actually
    gotten past music rights to release that one and we'd have heard of it.

    But, shows that BV's determined to go down(?) with the ship on every
    Ghibli title in their contract, and give it a big-budget touch o' class--
    Which we certainly weren't expecting five years ago.

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, Feb 24, 2005
  7. Justin wrote:

    >>>Isn't that just plain stupid?

    >>Only if you were one of the ones who *were* paying attention when SA
    >>first came out on disk--

    > I was paying attention when Mononoke first came out on disk. And what
    > was the freebie when SA came out? Mononoke!

    And what was the freebie when Spirited, Kiki AND Castle first came
    out?--$5 off *each other*!

    (So you were expecting, maybe...?)

    Derek Janssen (darn, actually I WAS hoping for the cross-promo coupon,
    and I could take another $5 off Porco before leaving the store)
    Derek Janssen, Feb 24, 2005
  8. Jordan

    Anymous Guest

    Im glad to see its finally made it to US DVD. I had given up on it a
    while back and figured I might as well save for a R2 release. I hope
    they didnt start it with the "Introduction by John Lasseter" like they
    did with Spirited Away and Kiki's.

    Anymous, Feb 24, 2005
  9. Jordan

    Ed Kim Guest

    Jordan wrote:
    > So I was expecting to just get one Miyazaki movie on Tuesday,

    surprise
    > surprise when 3 came out WITH a special offer... Buy all 3, get

    another
    > DVD for $2.
    >
    > Cool... Check out the coupon... guess which DVDs you can get for

    free?

    > Yup... the same 3 that came out the last time there was a Miyazaki
    > release. (Spirited Away, Kiki and Laputa, i.e the three I bought last
    > time.)
    >
    > Fortunately a friend doesn't have Spirited Away so I'm giving the
    > coupon and receipts to him.
    >
    > - Jordan

    what they should've done is gotten the 2 ghiblies shorts and the 2
    Ghibli museum shorts (Mai and the KittyBus and the other one, i forget)
    and given those out as the freebies...

    it would make even those of us that have the r2s buy them :)

    -goro-
    Ed Kim, Feb 25, 2005