    So,If you feel sad, laugh and fool your face into being happy,
    your brain will follow suit. :0)]
    Honest,try it!!

    jacqueline, Jun 29, 2003

  2. jacqueline

    paul s Guest

    jacqueline wrote:

    > How do I get rid of MIXSEARCH that has attached itself to my homepage hard
    > drive and I can't install any other home page.
    > jacqueline

    A variation of LOP.COM, probably drive-by download thru ActiveX [1].

    Lavasoft AdAware

    http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/

    Spybot Search & Destroy

    http://security.kolla.de/index.php?lang=en&page=download

    [1] Pop Quiz:
    Does ActiveX actually serve any useful purpose?

    It seems to be used for nothing but spyware, homepage hijackers, and
    pr0n-dialers.
    --
    Paul S

    paul s, Jun 29, 2003

  3. jacqueline

    °Mike° Guest

    Remove the home page hijack with their utility:
    http://www.mixsearch.com/help/cleaner.exe

    Then install and use:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://security.kolla.de/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:32:24 GMT, in
    <YgGLa.10532$>
    jacqueline scrawled:

    >How do I get rid of MIXSEARCH that has attached itself to my homepage hard
    >drive and I can't install any other home page.
    >jacqueline
    >~~~~~~~~

    <snip>

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 29, 2003
  4. jacqueline

    paul s Guest

    jacqueline wrote:

    > I tried their own utility before but everytime I rebooted it came back on.
    > I tried it again with site that you gave me,then I rebooted and it still
    > came back on.
    > It is driving me up the pole.
    > Are there any more options that I can try.

    Yeh use one or more of the below mentioned *free* spyware removal tools.

    --
    Paul S

    paul s, Jun 29, 2003
  5. jacqueline

    °Mike° Guest

    As I said, install and use SpyBot etc. Use the 'Immunize'
    feature, and lock the home page from being changed. It
    will NOT be able to hijack you again, then.

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:07:01 GMT, in
    <9qJLa.10790$>
    jacqueline scrawled:

    --