Mixing single and dual core CPUs...

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by M. Murcek, Dec 5, 2005.

  1. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    M. Murcek, Dec 5, 2005

  2. M. Murcek

    Rob Stow Guest

    M. Murcek wrote:
    > A while back, someone asked about this. Here's one story on what happens:
    >
    > http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20051128/index.html

    I read that a few days ago. I found it quite an astounding
    coincidence that this article came out just a few days after I
    reported here about my success with mixing a single and a
    dual-core chip on a Tyan motherboard.
    Rob Stow, Dec 5, 2005

  3. Thanks for updating us!

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 5, 2005
  4. Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 5, 2005
  5. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    I find it interesting that Windows x64 Edition handles it at all...

    M. Murcek, Dec 5, 2005
  6. Yes. Interesting. Though I'm actually more surprised that the BIOS will
    handle it. To XP, they should just be processors, and it doesn't all that
    much care about what those look like, at least for most things.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 5, 2005