    Has anyone ever done this? I can wait for a maintenance window, but it
    would help out if I could do it this way.

    Jeff

    Jeff, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Jeff

    Chris Thomas Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > We had a power supply go out in one of our switches (1000 watt) and I
    > purchased 2 1300 watt supplies to replace them. Can I mix wattages on
    > the supplies for a short period of time so that I don't bring the
    > switch down?
    >
    > Has anyone ever done this? I can wait for a maintenance window, but it
    > would help out if I could do it this way.

    I don't believe this should be a problem. I've recently mixed 2500w
    and 4000w PS when I didn't have a 2nd 30A twist lock socket
    available. The 2500w was running at 97% load when I switched off the
    4000w, but it ran fine for a couple of days until I got the
    electricians in. The power management code, at least on recent IOSs,
    is pretty savvy.

    /Chris, UCLA

    Chris Thomas, Apr 26, 2004