    gorcol Guest

    A strange icon and the word "Mixer" has appeared on my taskbar and I can't
    remove it. Any ideas?

    gorcol, Jun 8, 2004

  2. gorcol

    Boomer Guest

    "gorcol" <> wrote:

    > A strange icon and the word "Mixer" has appeared on my taskbar
    > and I can't remove it. Any ideas?

    Install, immediately update and run, at least, the first four.

    Ad-aware Aims at Adware/Spyware.
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotS&D Aims for the dialers, trojans,
    hijackers and security/privacy issues.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Spyware Blaster

    CoolWebShredder

    HijackThis
    http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/
    Install and run, then post the log to "HijackThis Logs"
    at http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php.

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    Info on above and more.
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    http://www.netrn.net/spywareblog/

    Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    ~Unsolicited commercial software list and info~
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    ~Other software~
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroups: alt.privacy.spyware
    alt.comp.anti-virus

    Also serach Google and Googles archive for more information.

    Top 10 Tips to Keep Your Computer Virus-Free
    http://www.symantec.com/homecomputing/library/topten.html

    Boomer, Jun 8, 2004

  3. gorcol

    Avenger© Guest

    On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 16:55:05 +0100, "gorcol" <>
    wrote:

    >A strange icon and the word "Mixer" has appeared on my taskbar and I can't
    >remove it. Any ideas?

    Have you installed any new software lately? Right click on the icon
    and post the Properties details.
    --
    Avenger©

    "Put the CAT out to reply"
    *I DETEST Spam - A Spam Hater since 1951*

    Avenger©, Jun 8, 2004
  4. gorcol

    gorcol Guest

    Nothing happens when I right click on the icon.I recently installed anti
    spam software but it doesn't appear to work.

    gorcol, Jun 8, 2004