    constantly running please?

    --
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Apr 9, 2008

  2. Terry Pinnell

    Evan Platt Guest

    http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&hl=en&q=mixer.exe cpu&btnG=Search

    Evan Platt, Apr 9, 2008

  3. Evan Platt <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 08:14:46 +0100, Terry Pinnell
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I noticed that several programs were responding sluggishly this
    >>morning, on my XP Home PC. Task Mgr showed that mixer.exe was taking
    >>5-30% of CPU. It's part of the Creative Soundblaster stuff. But right
    >>now I don't have any audio program open, so why would mixer.exe be
    >>constantly running please?

    >http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&hl=en&q=mixer.exe cpu&btnG=Search

    Thanks. I'd seen some of those but this one I'd missed and is
    particularly informative:
    http://www.file.net/process/mixer.exe.html

    Haven't yet decided whether to zap it permanently, which might have
    side-effects, or just unload it whenever it starts using measurable
    resources. But at least I now see it is a common problem.

    --
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Apr 9, 2008