Mixed metaphor

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by philo, Oct 14, 2011.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    Last night I attended a local photo-show which was quite excellent...

    One of my friends *who had been drinking*

    after examining one of the photos there told me he could tell it was
    done with a

    get this:

    large format, 35mm, digital camera

    Sheesh

    Next time I see him sober (which is pretty often)

    I'll see if he recalls those words!!!!
    philo, Oct 14, 2011

  2. philo

    philo Guest

    On 10/14/2011 10:37 AM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2011-10-14 07:13:00 -0700, philo <> said:
    >
    >> Last night I attended a local photo-show which was quite excellent...
    >>

    >> One of my friends *who had been drinking*
    >>
    >> after examining one of the photos there told me he could tell it was
    >> done with a
    >>

    >> get this:
    >>

    >> large format, 35mm, digital camera
    >>

    >> Sheesh
    >>

    >> Next time I see him sober (which is pretty often)
    >>
    >> I'll see if he recalls those words!!!!

    > He probably meant that he could tell it wasn't done with a cell phone.

    LOL!
    philo, Oct 14, 2011

  3. philo

    philo Guest

    On 10/15/2011 01:25 PM, Michael wrote:
    > On 2011-10-14 11:37:45 -0400, Savageduck said:
    >
    >> On 2011-10-14 07:13:00 -0700, philo <> said:
    >>
    >>> Last night I attended a local photo-show which was quite excellent...
    >>>

    >>> One of my friends *who had been drinking*
    >>>
    >>> after examining one of the photos there told me he could tell it was
    >>> done with a
    >>>

    >>> get this:
    >>>

    >>> large format, 35mm, digital camera
    >>>

    >>> Sheesh
    >>>

    >>> Next time I see him sober (which is pretty often)
    >>>
    >>> I'll see if he recalls those words!!!!

    >> He probably meant that he could tell it wasn't done with a cell phone.

    > Perhpas all he meant was an FX (full frame) DSLR, which loosely
    > translates into large format (as compared with APS-C) 35mm (traditional
    > llooking) DSLR. Or was he too drunk to make those kind of associations?

    I am sure he just mean full frame DSLR

    the guy mixes up words a lot even when sober

    (so do I)
    philo, Oct 21, 2011