mix DIMM size okay ?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Rob F. in Houston, Sep 19, 2004.

  1. I added a 128 meg DIMM (identical to the existing 128 meg DIMM) to my
    current dual boot XP/Linux Presario no problem, then a year or so later I
    added a 256 meg DIMM (128+128+256) no problem - now I see several clones 4
    sale but they don't have enough RAM for my taste thus my question, is it
    okay to buy a new computer that has 1 256 meg DIMM installed then at home
    add a 1024 meg DIMM (total = 256+1024) Or better to remove the 256 MB DIMM
    and replace it with the 1024 or go the CTO route and have all the RAM
    installed at the factory or ? Mix & match okay (size not speed, if calls 4
    DDR 2700 All DIMMS will be)

    --
    Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
    http://www.rfruth.net

    1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
    1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
    2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

    ---
    Rob F. in Houston, Sep 19, 2004

  2. all of the ram should add up together
    GT Grand Prix 00, Sep 20, 2004