Mitel IP Trunking on the 3300

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by jneiberger@, Sep 14, 2005.

  1. jneiberger@

    jneiberger@ Guest

    [I posted this on another group and then realized that perhaps it was
    more on-topic here.]

    I have a question about IP trunking and call admission control on the
    3300, and I'm hoping someone here might be able to answer it.

    I'll try to do a diagram to explain my question a little better.
    Imagine the following network:

    / \
    / \
    B ----- C

    The lines represent the IP trunks on the 3300, not physical circuits;
    however, we'll assume that these sites are fully meshed from a network
    perspective, as well.

    Now, let's say we have a maximum of three calls configured per trunk.
    If there are already three calls in place between A and B, what happens
    when one more person at A tries to call B? Will the call be blocked
    because the IP trunk between A and B is full, or will the 3300 at A
    realize that there is another path to B through C?

    Thanks,
    John
    jneiberger@, Sep 14, 2005

  2. jneiberger@

    Guest

    Hi John,

    The Mitel should realise that the route is busy.

    You could very easily setup a secondary route on the 3300 to send
    calls to Switch C then to B

    Gavin
    , Sep 19, 2005