    server. The private frame routers (Adtran) are set to relay DHCP requests
    and this works for the PCs but not the Mitel phones. Mitel phones work when
    statically assigned. Any help would really be appreciated.

    Ctide, Apr 14, 2006

  2. "Ctide" <u20864@uwe> wrote in message news:5ec604c223901@uwe...
    > Have a curious DHCP problem. DHCP is supplied by a windows server over
    > the
    > WAN. We recently converted from VPN over DSL to private frame. Mitel IP
    > phones at the remote sites were set to DHCP on the VPN and worked fine.
    > Once we converted to frame, phones would not get an address from the
    > Windows
    > server. The private frame routers (Adtran) are set to relay DHCP
    > requests
    > and this works for the PCs but not the Mitel phones. Mitel phones work
    > when
    > statically assigned. Any help would really be appreciated.

    Do you have your phones and PCs in the same DHCP Scope? If not, do you have
    routing between these two subnets done by the Adtran router or you have
    another router inside? If you have these two subnets separated, check both
    interfaces for DHCP relay. Also it would be good idea to take a sniffer and
    try to watch, if your DHCP requests reach the DHCP server, if it sends DHCP
    location.

    Good luck,

    Mike
    www.headsetadapter.com

    HeadsetAdapter.com, Apr 17, 2006

  3. Adtran is the only router, and it is set up with static routes between the
    subnets. The remote sites in question are 10.3.1.x / 24 and 10.4.1.x / 24.
    All routing works fine for the data and the phones when statically assigned.
    Sniffer is planned, just hoping to resolve before. Thanks for the response.

    Ctide via HWKB.com, Apr 17, 2006