Mitel 5220 and Asterisk@Home

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by alexd, May 30, 2006.

  1. alexd

    alexd Guest

    Has anyone had any luck convincing one of these phones to stay registered
    with Asterisk@Home? It will register OK on boot, but when the registration
    expires and it needs to re-register, it fails to. It'll say in the web
    interface:

    200 retrying with 192.168.3.119

    forever, and *NO REG* on the screen. It's easily fixed by clicking on
    Re-Register in the web interface, or rebooting, but for a £150 phone it's
    something of a disappointment. It's contactable by ping and HTTP while
    retrying, and it is configured with a static IP address. I've tried a
    different power injector and a different network port, and anyway the thin
    terminal that is connected through it doesn't stop working so I think I can
    rule out network issues. There are no error messages related to this phone
    in the logs on the server.

    Any ideas?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    17:30:31 up 10 days, 11:27, 0 users, load average: 0.09, 0.16, 0.21
    alexd, May 30, 2006

  2. alexd

    alexd Guest

    alexd wrote:

    Updating the firmware seems to have done the trick.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    17:36:53 up 11 days, 11:34, 1 user, load average: 1.56, 1.42, 0.97
    alexd, May 31, 2006