    Help!!!

    Thanks in advance,
    The man who Tweaked Too Much.
    XLO cloth, Jul 12, 2004

  2. XLO cloth

    Dogg Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:23:55 +1200, "XLO cloth" <>
    wrote:

    >Missing: XP admin. user account. Last seen on logon screen.
    >I had two admnistrator accounts but only used one. When I tried to delete
    >the extra one I couldn't.
    >As a possible solution I turned off the auto login function I had set
    >through XP powertoys. Now all I can get to is the extra account. My primary
    >account is still there, at least on disk, but I cannot get to it.
    >Help!!!
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >The man who Tweaked Too Much.

    Under user accounts in control panel, turn off "Use the welcome
    screen" and then log off and type in user name and password.
    Dogg, Jul 12, 2004

  3. XLO cloth

    Industrious Guest

    Ahhh sweet. Worked a charm.

    Now can you answer this. Both accounts have administrator rights but from my
    primary I cannot delete the extra account. Delete is not an option. If I try
    to change the account type, eg. to limited, it has the header saying 'you
    must assign another user on this computer with a computer administrator
    account etc..." although my primary account is the primary administrator
    account.
    ??

    Thanks in advance.

    Industrious, Jul 12, 2004
  4. XLO cloth

    Matt B Guest

    In news:IJqIc.7541$,
    Industrious <> wrote:
    > Ahhh sweet. Worked a charm.
    >
    > Now can you answer this. Both accounts have administrator rights but
    > from my primary I cannot delete the extra account. Delete is not an
    > option. If I try to change the account type, eg. to limited, it has
    > the header saying 'you must assign another user on this computer with
    > a computer administrator account etc..." although my primary account
    > is the primary administrator account.
    > ??

    Start - Run - control userpasswords2

    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Matt B, Jul 12, 2004
  5. Industrious wrote:

    > Ahhh sweet. Worked a charm.
    >
    > Now can you answer this. Both accounts have administrator rights but from my
    > primary I cannot delete the extra account. Delete is not an option. If I try
    > to change the account type, eg. to limited, it has the header saying 'you
    > must assign another user on this computer with a computer administrator
    > account etc..." although my primary account is the primary administrator
    > account.
    > ??

    Is it in the local administrator group?
    I found one like this the other day at work, where although two accounts
    were listed as admins, only one was in the administrators group on the
    local machine.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 12, 2004
  6. XLO cloth

    Enkidu Guest

    From what you have said the "extra" administrator account is really
    the first one, not the one that you think is the prime one.

    Is the delete an option for the one that you think is the prime one?

    You cannot delete the original Administrator account, even if you
    rename it.

    Incidentally you can access the old style login by hitting
    Ctrl+Alt+Delete twice at the Welcome Screen.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jul 12, 2004
  7. In article <%NnIc.7518$>,
    says...
    > Missing: XP admin. user account. Last seen on logon screen.
    > I had two admnistrator accounts but only used one. When I tried to delete
    > the extra one I couldn't.
    > As a possible solution I turned off the auto login function I had set
    > through XP powertoys. Now all I can get to is the extra account. My primary
    > account is still there, at least on disk, but I cannot get to it.
    > Help!!!

    Let me guess you are using XP Home. You can't delete the default
    administrator account that Windows creates.
    Patrick Dunford, Jul 12, 2004
  8. In article <IJqIc.7541$>,
    says...
    > Ahhh sweet. Worked a charm.
    >
    > Now can you answer this. Both accounts have administrator rights but from my
    > primary I cannot delete the extra account. Delete is not an option. If I try
    > to change the account type, eg. to limited, it has the header saying 'you
    > must assign another user on this computer with a computer administrator
    > account etc..." although my primary account is the primary administrator
    > account.
    > ??

    The account Windows creates automatically IS the administrator account
    and can't be deleted, even if you set up another one.
    Patrick Dunford, Jul 12, 2004
  9. XLO cloth

    Dogg Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:17:36 +1200, Enkidu <>
    wrote:

    <snip>
    >Incidentally you can access the old style login by hitting
    >Ctrl+Alt+Delete twice at the Welcome Screen.

    <snip>

    Ahh..learn something new everyday.
    Dogg, Jul 12, 2004
  10. XLO cloth

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "XLO cloth" <> wrote in news:%NnIc.7518$NA1.715006
    @news02.tsnz.net:

    > My primary
    > account is still there, at least on disk, but I cannot get to it.
    > Help!!!
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > The man who Tweaked Too Much.

    Logoff, Then press Control Alt Delete Delete. That's right, press delete
    twice. The classic logon screen should pop up. Type in the username and
    password that you are trying to access.
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Jul 13, 2004
  11. XLO cloth

    Industrious Guest

    Thanks for all the help everyone. The 'extra' account really was an extra
    and I has normal access to the original Administrator account. Neither had
    the delete option. I have however erased the extar account using the control
    userpasswords2 command.

    Industrious, Jul 14, 2004