    getting them to see each other and the pentium III is having trouble
    connecting to the internet.
    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuZGVl?=, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Greetings Dandee,

    Does the second XP computer have Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed? The reason
    why I'm asking is that the Wireless Network Setup Wizard is new in SP2 and I
    don't think it will work and my guess the Network Setup Wizard is failing
    giving you that error message. What exactly are you having problems with
    getting SP2 installed on your computer?

    Have you tried setting up the wireless network manually? Have you checked a
    firewall or any encryption settings?

    _________________
    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

    Eric Cross [MVP], Nov 16, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RGFuZGVl?=

    Guest Guest

    http://www.dlldump.com/ you will find the file here

    Guest, Nov 19, 2004
  4. "Eric Cross [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings Dandee,
    >
    > Does the second XP computer have Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed? The reason
    > why I'm asking is that the Wireless Network Setup Wizard is new in SP2 and I
    > don't think it will work and my guess the Network Setup Wizard is failing
    > giving you that error message. What exactly are you having problems with
    > getting SP2 installed on your computer?
    >
    > Have you tried setting up the wireless network manually? Have you checked a
    > firewall or any encryption settings?

    Thanks for the information Eric. I will have to check to see what service
    pack xp professional has...I believe it is #2 as it has the wireless
    connection wizard on it.
    The network wizard keeps stalling on me and tells me there's an error and
    can't finish the set up
    I am not sure how to configure the network manually. Today I took off the
    firewalls and antivirus software thinking I might be able to configure
    everything that way and get the service pack 2 to work.
    No luck took me two hours to get my internet connection back.
    When I download and install the service pack it goes into a continual reboot
    loop and I end up having to go into safe mode and try uninstall sp2 and
    restore my system to an earlier configuration.
    I am at my wit's end...I would really appreciate a simple non teckie version
    of what to do at this point.
    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuZGVl?=, Nov 20, 2004
  5. Dandee,

    I suggest that visit the Service Pack 2 Support Center and read through the
    articles on how to address most common installation issues. By installing
    the latest service pack then will ensure yourself that you been protected
    with the latest security issues and fixes to known problems.

    After you get SP2 installed, then you should be able to run the Wireless
    Network Setup Wizard and this will make it a little easier for configuring
    the network for you. To setup the network manually, see the following
    Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

    Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?&pr=windowsxpsp2

    How to set up your computer for wireless networking in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314897

    Eric Cross [MVP], Nov 20, 2004