    to default network. After digging, I see in MSCONFIG that my wireless zero
    is missing. How do I get it back?

    (it's not disbale or anything,,,it's no in the list of services)

    =?Utf-8?B?amlt?=, Mar 7, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?amlt?=

    Malke Guest

    jim wrote:

    > laptop is working fine, asked my daughter to power down laptop, when I
    > power
    > back up my signal is 'very low'. I notice that it is only trying to
    > connect
    > to default network. After digging, I see in MSCONFIG that my wireless
    > zero
    > is missing. How do I get it back?
    >
    > (it's not disbale or anything,,,it's no in the list of services)

    Do you have third-party wireless connectivity software running? If so,
    that will disable the WZC. Look for wireless connectivity software by
    the laptop mftr. (or the pc card mftr. if you have an external wireless
    card in the laptop) and set it to allow Windows to manage the wireless.
    Then go into the Windows wireless settings and check the box to allow
    Windows to manage the wireless.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User