    even though my Infrared device appears to be installed properly. I have
    tried re-installing the device and this does not make the Wireless Link icon
    reappear. Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNzaWU=?=, Sep 23, 2004

  2. Oops - I meant to put my last posting in here.

    I was meant to put that I've installed sp2 but that didn't help.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNzaWU=?=, Sep 24, 2004

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JlZ2c=?=, Sep 25, 2004
  4. Chrissie:

    I am having the same problem you described. The WiFi icon will remain
    in the system tray for a few hours and then just disappear. This has only
    begun happening since I installed SP2. I reinstalled the adapter without any
    luck. The weird thing is that my WiFi adapter doesn't even show up in Device
    Manager but other than that my wireless connection works fine whether it
    shows up or not!

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JlZ2c=?=, Sep 25, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNzaWU=?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    Please check that your IR device appears in device manager.
    If not - reboot, enter BIOS setup and enable it there.
    If it was disabled, enabling it can trigger re-install of the driver.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Sep 25, 2004
  6. The IR Device is showing that it is working fine in the Device Manager and I
    have updated the drivers to ensure that I am using the current version.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNzaWU=?=, Oct 1, 2004
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNzaWU=?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    So where is the applet or icon missing - in the control panel?

    Pavel A., Oct 3, 2004
  8. It's missing in the control panel. I've found the irprops.cpl file and put
    that in the Windows System32 folder but that hasn't helped. I've downloaded
    the TweakUI Power Toy and can turn Wireless Link on and off like the other
    control panel items but it doesn't do anything. The card is working fine
    although without this applet I can't turn it on! Very annoying. Any help
    you can give is appreciated.

    Chrissie

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNzaWU=?=, Oct 7, 2004
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNzaWU=?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    Hmm. very strange. Have you checked the event log ?
    anything relevant there?

    Pavel A., Oct 7, 2004