missing wifi connection

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q0s=?=, Mar 26, 2006.

1. I had to replace my hard drive and reload the OS, drivers and various other
    software. Now that I have done that my wireless connection is nonexistent. I
    can connect directly through the Ethernet cable, but even the possibility of
    a wireless connection doesn't show up in my network connections folder.
    Everything I read in the Help file tells me to click on "wireless network" in
    the connections folder so I am a bit miffed. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    =?Utf-8?B?Q0s=?=, Mar 26, 2006
    1. Advertising

2. Did you reload the driver for the wireless card ??

If not, go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest driver,
    then install to see if it makes any difference.

MD

"CK" wrote:

> I had to replace my hard drive and reload the OS, drivers and various other
    > software. Now that I have done that my wireless connection is nonexistent. I
    > can connect directly through the Ethernet cable, but even the possibility of
    > a wireless connection doesn't show up in my network connections folder.
    > Everything I read in the Help file tells me to click on "wireless network" in
    > the connections folder so I am a bit miffed. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFkRG9n?=, Mar 26, 2006
    1. Advertising

3. =?Utf-8?B?Q0s=?=

Socrates Guest

Hi - simply unplug the adapter while the computer is on and insert it again so Windows will recognise and install it.

www.amw1.com/tips

"CK" <> wrote in message news:...
    >I had to replace my hard drive and reload the OS, drivers and various other
    > software. Now that I have done that my wireless connection is nonexistent. I
    > can connect directly through the Ethernet cable, but even the possibility of
    > a wireless connection doesn't show up in my network connections folder.
    > Everything I read in the Help file tells me to click on "wireless network" in
    > the connections folder so I am a bit miffed. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Socrates, Mar 28, 2006
    1. Advertising