    Have I committed some egregious error or is this fixable?

    --
    DJ
    DJ, Jun 2, 2006

  2. DJ wrote:

    > In cleaning up some unused things from my hard drive, it now appears as
    > if my volume control is gone. It used to sit in the system tray.
    >
    > Have I committed some egregious error or is this fixable?

    Possibly, and most probably.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 2, 2006

  3. DJ

    DJ Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    > DJ wrote:
    >
    > > In cleaning up some unused things from my hard drive, it now appears as
    > > if my volume control is gone. It used to sit in the system tray.
    > >
    > > Have I committed some egregious error or is this fixable?
    > >

    > Possibly, and most probably.

    Using a troubleshooter, I clicked on the 'open volume control' link,
    and it did open, so I know its on the computer somewhere. I just can't
    find it.

    Does anyone know where I might look, or what I'm looking for to get it
    back in the tray?

    --
    DJ
    DJ, Jun 3, 2006
  4. DJ

    doS Guest

    control panel....

    doS, Jun 3, 2006
  5. DJ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    DJ spewed forth:
    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >> DJ wrote:
    >>
    >>> In cleaning up some unused things from my hard drive, it now
    >>> appears as if my volume control is gone. It used to sit in the
    >>> system tray.
    >>>
    >>> Have I committed some egregious error or is this fixable?
    >>>

    >> Possibly, and most probably.

    > Using a troubleshooter, I clicked on the 'open volume control' link,
    > and it did open, so I know its on the computer somewhere. I just
    > can't find it.
    >
    > Does anyone know where I might look, or what I'm looking for to get it
    > back in the tray?

    Start with control panel, sounds and audio devices properties, volume tab,
    check the box for "Place volume icon in the taskbar"

    --
    I always finish what I sta
    Toolman Tim, Jun 3, 2006
  6. DJ

    DJ Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > In news:,
    > DJ spewed forth:
    > > Brian H¹© wrote:

    > >> Possibly, and most probably.

    > > Using a troubleshooter, I clicked on the 'open volume control' link,
    > > and it did open, so I know its on the computer somewhere. I just
    > > can't find it.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know where I might look, or what I'm looking for to get it
    > > back in the tray?

    > Start with control panel, sounds and audio devices properties, volume tab,
    > check the box for "Place volume icon in the taskbar"

    I did this and its not there. Does this require a reboot?

    > --
    > I always finish what I sta

    Nice sig.

    --
    DJ
    "...otherwise, the point is moo."

    "Excuse me, 'moo'?"

    "You know, like a cow's opinion: it doesn't matter. <pause> Its...moo."

    "Have I lived with him too long or did everything he just say make
    total sense?!"
    DJ, Jun 3, 2006
  7. DJ

    DJ Guest

    Fixed! was Re: Missing Volume

    DJ wrote:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    > > In news:,
    > > DJ spewed forth:

    > > > Using a troubleshooter, I clicked on the 'open volume control' link,
    > > > and it did open, so I know its on the computer somewhere. I just
    > > > can't find it.
    > > >
    > > > Does anyone know where I might look, or what I'm looking for to get it
    > > > back in the tray?

    > > Start with control panel, sounds and audio devices properties, volume tab,
    > > check the box for "Place volume icon in the taskbar"
    > >

    > I did this and its not there. Does this require a reboot?
    >

    > > --
    > > I always finish what I sta

    > Nice sig.

    I rebooted and...yay!...the volume control is back in the system tray.
    :)

    Thanks.

    --
    DJ
    DJ, Jun 3, 2006
  8. DJ

    Guest

    Re: Fixed! was Re: Missing Volume

    "DJ" <> wrote:

    |>I rebooted and...yay!

    And a lesson learn'd, always reboot first, saves a perfectly good
    panic for another time.

    --
    http://jesuspan.com/
    , Jun 3, 2006
  9. DJ

    dora jarr Guest

    wrote:
    > "DJ" <> wrote:
    >
    > |>I rebooted and...yay!
    >
    > And a lesson learn'd, always reboot first, saves a perfectly good
    > panic for another time.

    That was a lesson I already had aquired; I had rebooted after the disk
    cleanup and thats when the volume went missing.

    Since fixing that issue, I've also discovered the calculator is gone.
    <sigh>

    --
    DJ
    dora jarr, Jun 3, 2006
  10. DJ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Re: Fixed! was Re: Missing Volume

    In news:,
    dora jarr spewed forth:
    > wrote:

    >> And a lesson learn'd, always reboot first, saves a perfectly good
    >> panic for another time.
    >>

    > That was a lesson I already had aquired; I had rebooted after the
    > disk cleanup and thats when the volume went missing.
    >
    > Since fixing that issue, I've also discovered the calculator is gone.
    > <sigh>

    What in the world are you cleaning your disk with? Comet Cleanser?

    --
    I always finish what I sta
    Toolman Tim, Jun 3, 2006
  11. DJ

    JANA Guest

    Go to Control Panel. Open the setup for Sounds and Audio Devices. You
    should find a box in there, where you can put a check mark to put the volume
    control back.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Jun 4, 2006
  12. DJ

    Shep© Guest

    On 2 Jun 2006 16:16:06 -0700 Too Much Ying and you will Pay With Yang
    then "DJ" <> sent this :

    >> > Does anyone know where I might look, or what I'm looking for to get it
    >> > back in the tray?

    >> Start with control panel, sounds and audio devices properties, volume tab,
    >> check the box for "Place volume icon in the taskbar"
    >>

    >I did this and its not there. Does this require a reboot?

    Re-install your sound card drivers.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,