    other program? If so, what are the steps to do so?
    Thanks
    Arawak
    Arawak, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Arawak

    gangle Guest

    "Arawak" wrote in message
    > After shrinking a video I am unable to butn it as Nero says the file
    > Video_TS.vob is missing. Can I recreate this file using Ifoedit or
    > other program? If so, what are the steps to do so?
    > Thanks

    Whatever DVD-authoring program you are using, it
    is misconfigured or malfunctioning. Try reinstalling
    it, reading the HELP files, and repeating the
    process. (If it's Nero, this may be the problem,
    since Nero is unstable shitware -- get another
    shrinking program, like http://www.dvd2one.com/.)

    IFOedit is for editing IFO files, which are text.
    VOB files are MPG-type files that carry video,
    audio, and subtitle data. The IFO files "tell" the
    VOB files what order to play in, which subtitles
    (if any), and which audio soundtrack.
    gangle, Apr 15, 2005

  3. Arawak

    Ed Lata

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Missing Video_TS.VOB file

    I've encountered this problem before. For whatever reason, some have chosen to exclude this key file as part of the VOB set. If using a program like DVD Shrink, it will squawk as well, saying this component is missing.

    If the VOBs will fit onto a regular DVD-R 5 disk, then simply use Nero (or other burning program) to make a Data Disk. It will squawk when it sees that you are trying to make a DVD, but ignore it. I've burned a couple of DVDs this way and they do play.

    If the DVD is larger, then there are problems fitting it onto a 5 DVD. I'm currently trying to read in the VOB files in NeroVision and will let you know later. I will also try to burn a dual layer DVD using +R disk to see if it will work.

    Ed
    Ed Lata, Jul 25, 2008
  4. Arawak

    Ed Lata

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Hi again,

    It appears that I was successful in creating a dual layer VOB collections of files in a DVD9+R format that plays on my Philips DVD player. The only drawback is that there are no chapters or index. I will try to take the Nero Recode MPG file and create a DVD from it that I can fit/shrink down to a DVD5, inserting chapters. Kind of a pain. Too bad the person who hosted the download didn't include a key file. Seems like this is my second music DVD by the same artist with the same problem, ie no Video_TS.vob.
    Ed Lata, Jul 26, 2008
  5. Arawak

    Ed Lata

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    And again.

    Sorry, I meant NeroVision (not Recode).

    One problem was that every time the video switched to the next VOB file, the sound would cut off and had to be re-set on the video player.

    I finished re-coding the MPG file, but the quality won't be as good as it appears to suffer from ringing (made when the original VOB files were consecutively converted to the MPG file). Oh, well, the video looks good, so I'll most likely buy it.

    Had some fun along the way.

    Ed
    Ed Lata, Jul 26, 2008