    internet service provider and he said that a hijacker stole my brower. If you
    know what to do and how to fix this problem please type back!!
    Thanks!
    =?Utf-8?B?cGVyZmVjdDAwMDM=?=, Mar 11, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cGVyZmVjdDAwMDM=?=

    Malke Guest

    perfect0003 wrote:

    > When I go to my internet explore and try to go to a differnet webpage,
    > it redirects me to the page that says the page can not be found. I
    > called my internet service provider and he said that a hijacker stole
    > my brower. If you know what to do and how to fix this problem please
    > type back!!
    > Thanks!

    This isn't a wireless issue. You have malware on your computer.
    Following these removal steps, doing everything with updated tools in
    Safe Mode. If the instructions look too daunting, it's perfectly OK to
    admit that and just take the machine to a good local professional (not
    a BestBuy or CompUSA type of store) and do something fun while they fix
    it.

    After deleting all Temporary and Temporary Internet Files:

    1) Scan in Safe Mode with current version (not earlier than 2004)
    antivirus using updated definitions.

    Before you remove malware, get LSPFix (or WinSockFix for XP which you
    can get from MajorGeeks) - see links below.

    2) Remove spyware with Spybot Search & Destroy and Ad-aware. These
    programs are free, so use them both since they complement each other.
    There is a new version of CWShredder from Intermute. I would not
    install the other Intermute programs, however. Alternately, there are
    CoolWebSearch malware removal steps at SilentRunners.

    Be sure to update these programs before running, and it is a good idea
    to do virus/spyware scans in Safe Mode. Make sure you are able to see
    all hidden files and extensions (View tab in Folder Options).

    If the malware remains even after you used Ad-aware and Spybot, you can
    scan with HijackThis. HijackThis is an excellent tool to discover and
    disable hijackers, but it requires expert skill. See below for
    HijackThis links, including sites where you can post your HJT logs. A
    combination of HijackThis and About:Buster works well in removing the
    About:Blank homepage hijacker. Again, this is an expert tool and
    novices should get help with it.

    3) If you are running Windows ME or XP, you should disable/enable System
    Restore after the system is clean because malware will be in the
    Restore Points. With ME, you must disable System Restore completely.
    With XP, you can delete all but the most recent (presumably clean)
    System Restore point from the More Options section of Disk Cleanup
    (Run>cleanmgr).

    4) Make sure you've visited Windows Update and applied all security
    patches. Do not install driver updates from Windows Update.

    5) Run a firewall.

    Links to help with malware:

    Software/Methods:
    http://www.safer-networking.org - Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com - Ad-aware
    http://www.majorgeeks.com - good download site
    http://www.silentrunners.org/sr_cwsremoval.html. - SilentRunners
    http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm - Repair Winsock 2 settings after
    removing spyware
    http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html - WinsockXPFix.exe

    HijackThis:
    http://www.aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm - HijackThis tutorial by Jim
    Eshelman
    http://aumha.net - forums
    http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5 - Spyware Warrior HijackThis
    forum
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
    http://forums.tomcoyote.org/

    General:
    http://aumha.net - look under "Security" for various forums
    http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm - The Parasite Fight

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Malke, Mar 11, 2005

  3. YOU HAVE TO INSTALL A SPYWARE REMOVAL TOOL - TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE MICROSFOT
    FREE BETA TOOL DPYWARE REMOVAL - IF DOES NOT WORK USE S&B SPYBOT ALTERNATE
    WITH ADARE FROM LAVASOFT - IS A EASY TASK -GOOD LUCK.
    VLAD

    =?Utf-8?B?VkxBRA==?=, Mar 11, 2005