Missing TV trailers in the Star Wars Trilogy DVD set?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by zontar_the_thing_from_venus@yahoo.com, Oct 15, 2004.

  1. Guest

    I thought the trilogy DVD set was supposed to have all
    of the TV commercials associated with each movie? The
    ones on the bonus disk are not very good - lousy
    voice-overs, lots of 1 second clips from the movies
    edited together.

    I distinctly remember one I saw on TV for ESB back
    somewhere around January 1980, a few months before the
    movie opened. A narrator started out with a variant of
    the "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" line.
    He then talks about a search for an ancient Jedi master.
    The commercial showed different shots of the swamp on
    Dagobah. I don't remember if they actually showed Yoda,
    but the ad really sparked an interest in the upcoming
    ESB movie. Remember that before the movie came out, the
    public had no idea who or what Yoda was, or how he would
    be involved in the story arc.

    Does anyone else remember this particular commercial?
    Can it be downloaded from a web site? I was really hoping
    it would be included in the DVD set. Thanks!

    , Oct 15, 2004