    After getting XP Pro Sp2, there is no 'Set Program Access and Defaults'
    option in the start menu...

    is it in a different place in XP Pro?

    Muse De Groops, Mar 15, 2007

  2. Muse De Groops

    Gordon Guest

    Muse De Groops wrote:
    > I just noticed,
    >
    > After getting XP Pro Sp2, there is no 'Set Program Access and Defaults'
    > option in the start menu...
    >
    > is it in a different place in XP Pro?

    Right-click on Start, choose properties, click on Customize, click on
    Advanced and add it.....

    Gordon, Mar 15, 2007

  3. Gordon wrote:
    > Muse De Groops wrote:
    >> I just noticed,
    >>
    >> After getting XP Pro Sp2, there is no 'Set Program Access and
    >> Defaults' option in the start menu...
    >>
    >> is it in a different place in XP Pro?
    >>

    > Right-click on Start, choose properties, click on Customize, click on
    > Advanced and add it.....

    oddly enough, I tried that, and it's still not listed...

    hmm...

    Muse De Groops, Mar 15, 2007
  4. Muse De Groops

    gaspin Guest

    "Muse De Groops" <> wrote in news:45f9ba19$0
    $24791$:

    > Gordon wrote:
    >> Muse De Groops wrote:
    >>> I just noticed,
    >>>
    >>> After getting XP Pro Sp2, there is no 'Set Program Access and
    >>> Defaults' option in the start menu...
    >>>
    >>> is it in a different place in XP Pro?
    >>>

    >> Right-click on Start, choose properties, click on Customize, click on
    >> Advanced and add it.....

    > oddly enough, I tried that, and it's still not listed...
    >
    > hmm...

    Try: control panel>add or remove programs>set program access and defaults
    (ion on left side).

    Perhaps trying: start>run and enter "%SystemRoot%\system32\control.exe
    appwiz.cpl,,3" (w/o quotes)>OK

    gaspin, Mar 15, 2007
  5. Muse De Groops

    Guest

    On Mar 15, 2:27 pm, "Muse De Groops" <>
    wrote:
    > I just noticed,
    >
    > After getting XP Pro Sp2, there is no 'Set Program Access and Defaults'
    > option in the start menu...
    >
    > is it in a different place in XP Pro?

    Open Registry Editor

    delete [NoSMConfigurePrograms] from here-
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
    \Explorer

    delete [NoSMConfigurePrograms] from here-
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
    \Explorer

    delete [NoChooseProgramsPage] from here-
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
    \Uninstall

    delete [NoChooseProgramsPage] from here-
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
    \Uninstall

    ===or paste following in .reg file and run it===
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
    \Explorer]
    "NoSMConfigurePrograms"=-

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
    \Uninstall]
    "NoChooseProgramsPage"=-

    , Mar 16, 2007